Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Daily driver suggestions?

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Xterraman1127 
#1 ·
So I'm looking for a second vehicle to use as a daily driver to put my X into down time so I can do a swap in her. I've found a couple that are nice that I can use for as a daily drive and wanted to to see what you guys think. Also like suggestions to as well :)
Here's the list

1. 2008 Chevy Silverado 2500
TX SALVAGE VEHICLE TITLE
Odometer: 52,628
Primary Damage: REAR END
VIN: 2GCEK19J281185542
Body Style: 4DR EXT CAB PICKUP
Color: RED
Engine: 5.3L 8
Drive: FOUR BY FOUR
Cylinders: 8
Fuel: GAS
Keys: YES
Note: Its missing the rear bumper which is easy to replace. Rest of the body is straight and clean

2. 2004 Chevy Silverado 2500
TX SALVAGE VEHICLE TITLE
Odometer: Unknown
Primary Damage: MECHANICAL
VIN: 1GCHK29154E100382
Color: RED
Engine: 6.6L 8
Fuel: DIESEL
Notes: Its missing a couple of small pieces on the dash to cove the wires up, a couple of fuses, and has a bunch of wire harnesses unplugged

3. 2012 Chevy Silverado
OK CERT OF TITLE-SALVAGE
Odometer: 33,914
Primary Damage: HAIL
Secondary Damage: MECHANICAL
VIN: 3GCPKTE74CG181524
Body Style: CREW PICKUP
Color: WHITE
Engine: 5.3L 8
Fuel: FLEXIBLE
Notes:Missing a battery rest of it is there

4. 2007 Ford mustang Pony Pack
TX SALVAGE VEHICLE TITLE
Odometer: 81,080 ACTUAL
Primary Damage: REAR END
VIN: 1ZVFT80N975357196
Body Style: COUPE
Color: BLUE
Engine: 4.0L 6
Drive: REAR-WHEEL DRIVE
Cylinders: 6
Note: Rear end is disassembled and needs a new rear bumper.

5. 1999 Dodge Ram 3500
TX SALVAGE TITLE-FLOOD DAMAGE
Odometer: 208,249
Primary Damage: WATER
VIN: 1B7MC3365XJ502047
Engine: 5.9L 6
Fuel: DIESEL
Notes: Was in a flood but only flooded about 3-4 inches into the cab electricals all work fine may need new speakers though.

6. 2003 Ford Mustang GT
TX SALVAGE VEHICLE TITLE
Odometer: 194,126
Primary Damage: SIDE
VIN: 1FAFP42X84F110973
Body Style: COUPE
Engine: 4.6L 8
Notes: minor body damage to the rear panel of the body right behind the door. Air bags have been deployed looks like to have a new set of air bags in it but looks like the cover pieces to hide the air bags need to be either repaired or replaced.

7. 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse
TX SALVAGE VEHICLE TITLE
Odometer: 124,811
Primary Damage: UNDERCARRIAGE
VIN: 4A3AK44Y7XE124279
Body Style: HATCHBACK 2DR
Color: GREEN
Engine: 2.0L 4
Drive: FRONT-WHEEL DRIVE
Cylinders: 4
Notes: Needs new paint job. Looks to need some new studs for the rear wheel the rear driver side door is sticking out some towards the rear. Undercarriage parts look to all together and normally functioning.

8. 2002 350Z Roadster

TX CERT OF TITLE-REBUILT SALVAGE
Odometer: 35,332 ACTUAL
Primary Damage: FRONT END
VIN: JN1BZ36A17M655368
Body Style: CONVERTIBLE
Color: ORANGE
Engine: 3.5L 6
Note: has a minor chip in the paint under the right headlight on the front bumper.

As you can tell I really don't care about title type nor looks (would be nice to have a good looking car though) and don't mind having to put a little money into it to get it running. I do like trucks and Japanese sports car, so suggestions are great too would like it to be in or a minimum 100 miles away from San Antonio.

Thanks guys :)

See less See more
#3 ·
I would avoid the ones listed on salvage titles as mechanical damage or water damage. You could be getting into a money pit of transmission, engine, electronics issues. The Silverado on the salvage title that claims rear damage might be worth a look. If the frame is straight and the damage was not transferred from the rear directly to the transmission via the driveshaft, that could be a steal.

Stay away from the "go fast" cars. :D That will end up being another project and you will be left looking for a third vehicle while you are doing an axle swap on your X and an engine swap on the "go fast". :D

#4 · (Edited)
I am planning on buying a second car make it my daily driver while my X is down and once I get the swap done and it is 100% running and not causing any problems with me then I'm going to the DD car I bought and make it in to a project vehicle and break the new engine and trans in and put them into a test to see if they hold up to what I can throw at it (I'll start on the other vehicle once im done with breaking the X's new heart and wheels in at least 250 or so miles in. The only vehicle I wouldn't mess with performance wise is the 350Z I would make it into a show car and do car shows with my X and the Z (the 350Z is tricked out with performance mods custom grill, custom nismo front bumper, and some Lamborghini style doors that open up instead of out, and all I would really do to it is add some nice rims, a spoiler, and a aftermarket sound system) I plan on keeping my X and the next car I get for a very long time. As for the salvage/rebuilt title that can be fixed into a clean title here in the state of Texas, so that's why I'm not too worried about the title thing. As for my X I think I'm going to go with a 350Z Metallic Orange for the new paint job. (should of posted about making the second car a project once my X project is done)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.