Nissan XTerra Forum banner

P0745 code gen 2 Xterra need help have to drive from KY to FL next month.

834 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Rson1987 
#1 ·
My transmission started acting up a few months ago. It would down shift into third instead of O/D. So I turned the O/D off until I could have the code read. It took about a week but the code p0744 camp up. So I checked the fluid it was good. Checked the coolant it wasn't mixing. Someone had already done the bypass. I dropped the pan it had at least an 1.5-2inches of gunk in the bottom. I replaced the screen and gasket. I drove it for a month it stopped down shifting after that but still wouldn't go into O/D. I put at least 4000 miles on it since then. Around 2000 miles of it the ses went off for a few days. Then came back on. I had the code checked again like 4 different p codes popped up. I did some research and decided to flush the transmission. I used sea foam transtune. Ran it for around a 1000 miles then drained it through the plug it was burnt. Rep lugged it then filled it back up. Then flushed it through the return hose. Little clots of red black and brown powder stuff came out of the drain and the return hose. I took the battery off to reset the code of course I measured how much came out put same amount back in. Code stayed off all the way back home. It seem like it tried to shift in O/D. But the next day the SES light came back on I could only count it shifting until it hits 4th. I read to test get it over 40 or so then tap the break to see if the speed drop off significantly I tried that it doesn't. It stays around 2400 2600 RPMs at 70-75. I had the code checked again. Now it only throws p0745. I'm not real Shute what to try next. If there is another option than pulling the valve body off and putting new solenoid or paying the dealer 6800 to put a new transmission it.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.