Nissan XTerra Forum banner

2006 15 inch wheels?

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Snow Chaser 
#1 ·
Will 15 inch wheels fit over the brake calipers?

If not, what's the biggest tire I'd be able to get on a 16 inch wheel without any tire rub and no suspension upgrades?

#2 ·
You want a 285/75/16 tire. (Yes, 15" = brake clearance issues typically)

You MIGHT have a teeny rub - on some of your year X, there's a little bump in the front wheel well plastic liner that can touch the tire.

Most people take a hair dryer, and melt the little bump back out of the way, takes a couple of minutes, doesn't show, and solves the problem.

There's nothing behind the bump, its just a generic mold doo hickey that doesn't affect anything.

Enjoy!

:wink-big:

#4 ·
a 15" tire will NOT fit over the caliper on a gen 2 x...trust me..i promise..

also..a 285/75/16R is your biggest tire without any suspension mods..although you will ahve to reform the inner fender line a bit with a heat gun and a baseball bat..takes five min and is called the "melt mod" I ran 295/75/16R's on just a 3" Suspension lift but i had to run wheel spacers and I had to cut my fenders pretty significantly.

#5 ·
a 15" tire will NOT fit over the caliper on a gen 2 x...trust me..i promise..

also..a 285/75/16R is your biggest tire without any suspension mods..although you will ahve to reform the inner fender line a bit with a heat gun and a baseball bat..takes five min and is called the "melt mod" I ran 295/75/16R's on just a 3" Suspension lift but i had to run wheel spacers and I had to cut my fenders pretty significantly.
Rook, we all know you don't have a problem taking a sawzall and a BFH to your rig.

Please quit bragging. :D

:anbeten-big:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.