Nissan XTerra Forum banner

P1168 and P0051 Ground Wire?

7K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  RIboater 
#1 ·
Before I replace the o2 sensor, I found a broken ground wire under the drivers side that appears to run from the body of the vehicle to the exhaust. I temporarily reattached it but not sure it has a good ground. Before I spend a lot of time figuring out how I will permanently fasten it, can anyone tell me if that specific ground is even necessary?

#2 ·
On my 02, I had a code for the driver side rear O2 sensor. I realized that same ground was dangling after a header install- attached it to a good ground, reset light and it's been good ever since. I would connect it to a good ground and reset- it'd be way cheaper than buying new O2 sensors.

#4 ·
thanks Bro! I will absolutely try that now.

thanks!
Hey guys I have a 2003 SE X, and I did the headers too.

I have both ground wires loose, I just found them. I connected them to places on the block but idk if it's good enough. Can you guys tell me where you connected them? I have had my CEL on since the header install but it's because of these damn wires.

If you could, PLEASE include some pictures for me!

Also, what MPG are y'all getting?

Thanks guys!

#5 ·
Hey guys I have a 2003 SE X, and I did the headers too.

I have both ground wires loose, I just found them. I connected them to places on the block but idk if it's good enough. Can you guys tell me where you connected them? I have had my CEL on since the header install but it's because of these damn wires.

If you could, PLEASE include some pictures for me!

Also, what MPG are y'all getting?

Thanks guys!
What code are you getting?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.