Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Fixed 00 X crank/ no start

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  1robertburk 
#1 ·
I decided I would post this as these forums help me and I wanted to reciprocate.

son's X quit on way to school. surging rpm's and shaking. It was an instant problem no run.

When completely cool it would start up running very roughly and die.

I checked for running fuel pump by listening first and detaching hose from fuel rail, tried starting fluid in intake.. ruled out fuel.

Codes being thrown were PO 325 knock sensor..ok that's to be expected the way it was running. Also a PO 335 crank position sensor. Pain in butt, but I changed it. Removed battery neg to reset codes.. all codes clear. same issue.

Check spark with inline tester and it was erratic but sparking, I hate throwing parts at something so, checked compression and found 1,2,3 @145 and 4,5,6 @ 175psi. Put table spoon of oil in low cylinders and they popped up to 180 psi. I thought oh dam looks like rings or pistons.

Read forum here and kept going back and forth on the erratic spark deal and even though no other code was being displayed I went and bought the aftermarket distributor. I felt better when I took the old one out and found metal shavings under the cam position sensor next to coil.

Fixed my problem and after test the compression came back to near normal on #1 anyway.

Hope this helps somebody!;)

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.