Nissan XTerra Forum banner

new member post

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Itsme 
#1 ·
Hey,
I was interested in seeing what this site is about since i purchased an xterra early last year and was interested in getting some info on certain upgrades i am looking to do on my truck. lift kit, suspension, tires and so on.

thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome :) Where are you from in Canada? There's alot more specific clubs for your area if you'd like to do some off roading as well.

#5 ·
Look into the PML (Poor man's lift) I'm in the process of buying shackles for mine. It seems like a relatively easy thing to do. You should get the extended suspension just incase you do put a lift, then you won't be down money. https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/xterra-heavy-duty-bilstein-rear-shock-p-1925.html Those are a good example. They're cheap but also good quality. You can buy better of course, but it really depends on the kind of off road you'd be doing.

#7 ·
if you've got to replace the springs do that first. reason I say is I had broken main leafs [both sides] and had them replaced. the place that did it said it'd settle down in time. that was about 4 months ago. it's still up a couple of inches. now I've got to figure out how to loosen the rust on the torsion rods and do the front of a poor man's lift.[she's nose down a bit] the back was "free". don't forget when yopu go up you'll need an alignment- the specs are here somewhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.