Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Re-X-er. Residing in the Black Hills of South Dakota

986 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  bradlee 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I was an avid Xterra off-roader and fabber until selling off my 2000 SE in 2005 and leaving Denver area for home to Rapid City, SD. I was in RMXC and have to this day some of my dearest friends from that club. I also fell in love with my now wife in an Xterra. So they hold dear to me for multiple reasons.

I have mostly had 1/2 ton trucks since, but multiple surgeries and trips to the Mayo clinic forced me to sell off assets for the expenses. (I dont do car payments and only buy good deals, so yeah my vehicles are always an "asset". Dents and miles just give a vehicle character ;-)

So to the point, I was searching as usual on CL and saw this 2004 SE Canteen metallic X with leather, SC rims and the other goodies with some front end damage. (nothing to stop anything from functioning). The young lady was buying a new car and had to get rid of this original owner X hand me down before her parents would co-sign a loan. I explained the potential value for the vehicle but with all honesty presented to her she excepted $1600.

Blessed! Pretty happy in this thing. I threw some shocks and some barely used 265/70/17's BFG AT's on quick and have ordered all the parts for the front end and other things to get it to my liking. I dont do big Off-Roading anymore so I am just adding a calmini shackle to back and doing a PML. I will post pics of the add-on's in a couple weeks.

I spent a lot of time over at XOC but see that it is very dead now, and am awaiting a reply from Carlton onto to why the BELOVED search function seems to completely be nonfunctional which would likely help explain the dead part. Because we all know that every question about an Xterra has been asked on there in just the way the questioner can understand and posting a question is means for amputation or immediate death. >:D

So there it is in a nutshell. Thanks for having me.

See less See more
#6 ·
Welcome!

I spent last weekend in the black hills in my X (I drove from CO). As an avid rock climber, what a fantastic place!
Glad you enjoyed it here! Yeah I lived in Portland OR for 3yrs for college and then two in Denver for school and though I Loved CO and still spend a lot of time out there is something about being able to do ANYTHING with an hour from home. ;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.