Nissan XTerra Forum banner

new to the group

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  dezurtrat 
#1 ·
just popn in to say hello, picked up a 03 X supercharged and gettn ready for a lift and should be heavily modded within the next 6 months... here to get some tips and thoughts on whats good for it and whats not... also ill be towing a 5th wheel with it wondering how to up the towing capacity... thoughts? fire away!:fan3-big:

#3 ·
Welcome! Wish I could help you in the towing issue - but I don't tow anything with mine!

#4 ·
Hi and welcome to Club X
Towing a fith wheel trailer with an Xterra ain't going to happen, unless you either have no roof on the Xterra or you make some funky, weird or unsafe hitch set up.
If it is a pull behind trailer, Xterra automatics can tow 5000LBS and manual transmissions can tow 3500LBS Not very much weight, so trailer needs to be smallish.

#5 ·
thanks for welcome and the info guys, im still thinking of any aftermarket suspension and power mods to make her tow more, its a 5spd manual and my trailer is 4800lbs, might have to make her a rock crawler and get another vehicle for towing, kinda makes a guy sad as i wanted to do it all with just the x...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.