Nissan XTerra Forum banner

What have you done for your X today?

2M views 11K replies 1K participants last post by  mhamor 
#1 ·
Let's hear it! It should be an ongoing thread. Whatever you did, big or small!

Today, I:

Uploaded photos onto a USB, hooked it up to my HU, and put my fiancee as the screen saver. She is hot.

#10,603 ·
Had a slow leak in my new LF tire repaired. Forgot to ask what the cause was, but it's all better now.

#10,604 ·
Coming back from the UPS store my battery light came on, tested when I got home and the alternator was only putting out 11.83v so today I butchered the donor X for its alternator. For anyone doing this without a lift I do recommend just taking the passenger front wheel off rather than trying to work around it, and having a stray kitten come help.

#10,608 ·
Ok! Went with everyone recommended thoughts and got my yellow/amber foggies setup today. For the price paid they are very narrow rectangular and focused, and damn they are bright! They overpower my LED headlights in low, and my add on spotlights are for off in the distance viewing. I think the amber dogs will work well, thanks guys!

#10,609 ·
Would love to see pics of the ambers from the driver's seat.

#10,615 ·
Say it ain't so! Where'd you get 'em? What brand? Etc....?

#10,620 ·
Got my high-lift jack today, now to figure out how and where to mount it. Would prefer to figure out some way on the rear bumper somehow rather than the roof but we shall see

got a wide base and anti rattle thing for the jack, ordered mounting brackets today to attach this to my spare tire carrier. Haven’t decided on what strap/chain to get yet.

#10,625 · (Edited)
What year is your xterra? If it is engine oil...the most likely spots for leaks on the first generation xterras are the valve covers...the front main seal...and the rear main seal. There are quite a threads on club x devoted to oil leaks.

I recommend you start a new topic with a description, or perhaps a picture of where the oil is originating from...and you'll get some good advice from the fine folks on this forum. Even a description of where you're finding your oil puddle, in relation to the x is helpful... right side, left side, front, back, Etc.

#10,641 ·
how much did that run you? radio itself?
i want to get a touch screen with apple play for my 01. seen some on bestbuy for around $300 before tax, then there’s some running for $800
been holding back purchasing the expensive one cause idk how well the cheaper one would work or hold up

#10,628 ·
Mines' in the shop... currently getting the 5sp swapped in, so that when it comes home, I can bolt in the front diff, axles knuckles and associated bits... Next stop after that involves some Australian things... clicking noises from in cab buttons, green lights on panel "F*#K this. I'm going through the mudbog..."

#10,631 ·
We're expecting snow around midday, so I'm taking the X to work so I'll be up higher than my car for the snowy drive home, and to have 4WD in case it's needed.

Reactions: owenweyers
#10,635 ·
Heading home today, I had to brave a bunch of scaredy-cat drivers and a couple inches of snow. I kept it around 40 mph on the freeway. For the most part, I was keeping up with traffic, but then the racers came shooting up, clogging up the highway for a few minutes until they got past the rest of us.

The tires are new, Nokian Tyres WR G4 SUV. They're a mix of A/S and winter and I felt completely at ease with them. There wasn't a lot of snow, so my car could have probably done about as well, but it sits way lower and in the X I can see around me a lot better.

Reactions: DickyDck
#10,638 · (Edited)
It was down to 14ºF overnight, and it's still only "up" to 15º. I tried to get in my 2004, only to be thwarted by a door that won't open.

Why didn't you guys tell me not to wash all the salt and ice off my rig? How was I to know that somehow both front door locks would freeze up tight? :D

Looks like my photo trip in the Xterra today is cancelled. I'll have to ride in my buddy's 1994½ Førd ExpløDer.