Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Ride height is off?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  TJTJ 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm having a little trouble figuring this out. All the corners of my xterra are different heights. I know the front is due to my torsion bars (passenger one is slightly bent) but would this also cause my rear corners to site at different heights as well?

#3 ·
Sure.

Even ONE low tire pressure can change all 4 corners.

Essentially, if one corner goes down, the opposite one is levered upwards, and so forth.

So, for the record, the front end sits, by design, about 1.5" lower than the butt, as that maximizes mpg, handing and so forth.

Empty, the drivers side is typically a tad higher, to compensate for the sag when you sit your fat butt in it to drive...and the same for the side with the gas tank, its set for 1/2 full as a compromise when its all measured, but when full, that side is going to drop a bit, and visa versa.

#4 ·
First of all, I'd be concerned if one of my torsion bars was bent. Might wanna get that fixed.

And going beyond what TJ said, the front can also effect the rear height oddly. For example lets say that the passenger side is .75" lower. With this, the front passenger side would be taking a .75" nosedive which actually raises the ride height of the back driver side. Maybe it's just cuz I'm already lifted, but I measured that a 1" ride height crank of the driver side will actually lower the passenger rear by almost .5"

It would be the same thing as when you're flexing on a trail, when one front side nosedives into a rut for example, the opposite rear side is raised up.

#5 ·
First of all, I'd be concerned if one of my torsion bars was bent. Might wanna get that fixed.

And going beyond what TJ said, the front can also effect the rear height oddly. For example lets say that the passenger side is .75" lower. With this, the front passenger side would be taking a .75" nosedive which actually raises the ride height of the back driver side. Maybe it's just cuz I'm already lifted, but I measured that a 1" ride height crank of the driver side will actually lower the passenger rear by almost .5"

It would be the same thing as when you're flexing on a trail, when one front side nosedives into a rut for example, the opposite rear side is raised up.
I said the opposite corner is leveraged up when one corner goes down, etc, the same thing you're saying.

Its probably unanimous.

>:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.