Nissan XTerra Forum banner

2016 NEXterra Northern Exposure Run!

2K views 11 replies 2 participants last post by  Bklyn.X 
#1 · (Edited)

The Officers and Supporting Members of NEXTerra will be hosting its Annual Northern Exposure Run on January 9th, 2016. This will be another duel location Off-Road event!
Rausch Creek Off Road Park in Pennsylvania & Gremlin Graveyard in Massachusetts.

Announcement and sign up thread for the Rausch Creek, PA location is on the NEXterra board HERE.

Announcement and sign up thread for the Gremlin Graveyard, MA location is on the NEXterra board HERE.

All will be welcome; any make, model, experience level.

See less See more
#4 ·
So far we got 14 trucks signed up for Rausch Sign up for Rausch Creek, PA. (Official Roster of Attendees for Rausch Creek HERE!)

…and 4 trucks signed up for Gremlin Graveyard, MA (Official Roster of Attendees for GG HERE!)

Click HERE to sign up for Rausch.
Click HERE to sign up for GG.

#8 ·
It looks like we’ve topped out at 23 nut cases for this year’s NER16 at Rausch.
4-Black, 13-Blue and 6-Green.
Still time to sign up yo!

#9 ·
Although you will not be turned away if you just show up we would prefer you signed up beforehand. It helps us plan things.
Please check for your name on the Official Roster of Attendees;
for Rausch Creek, PA HERE
for Gremlin Graveyard HERE

If you don’t see your name and plan to attend please take a few moments and sign up now;
for Rausch Creek, PA HERE!
for Gremlin Graveyard, MA HERE!

#12 · (Edited)
What a great event (despite my lost morning)!

The day started well as attendees handed me their filled out waivers (thank you) and collected shirts at my truck. Justin helped line the Groups up (thanks Jus).

I'm thinking we had 22 trucks in four Groups; one Green, two Blue and one Black.
Andrew's (PerpetualDynamism) Green, Keith (LizardKing) and Jerry's (fubar1217) Blue Groups and my Black.

I must admit that I don't know the exact count because the weather was kind of cold and damp and I didn't feel like running around counting trucks.

Crazy day for me and the "Black Group";

Notice my pain...Justin is facing Mecca and praying for a quick repair.
His prayers went unanswered as we spent all morning under my truck. My axle broke inside the hub blasting the hub apart (had a spare) and taking out the needle bearings in the spindle (no spare, having never seen this happen before). It took a while to get the cage for those bearings out of the spindle.

Thanks to Kyle, Justin, Dave and Andy. Without them I would most likely still be working on it.

The axle broke about 15 minutes into the wheeling day trying to break through the 5 inches of ice on Pole Line that could not support the weight of my fat ass. I forgot to unlock the front locker backing out and believe that’s what did it…loose nut behind the steering wheel…driver error.

We packed it with grease and headed to the West. Going down “J” I slipped off the trail climbing over a downed tree and almost flipped the truck. I saved it by driving into the downhill, backing uphill a bit ("K" turn) and then going all the way down the hill turning around at the base and driving back up in a straight line. Scary shit. My passenger Andy was white as a ghost.

Tons of active logging along "J" down to "11" making that trail even more unsettling than it normally is.

We then ran “13” without incident even though it was washed out and in the toughest shape I’ve ever run it, great trail.

Not trying to push our luck we called it a day and started heading for the exit and Justin broke a tie rod on the West Property Power Line. Jus had a spare and changed it without having to lift the truck.

We bailed out the emergency exit and got back to the Rausch parking lot.
On the way down 81 Justin was getting a bad wobble so we pulled off and Kyle and he gave the truck an alignment on the side of the road off the exit.

On the way from there to Twin Grove Kyle got a wobble so in the parking lot there he discovered a loose tie rod end. He fixed that.

Leo had a fantastic BBQ and campfire at his cabin for a perfect end off the day. Thanks Leo!

I did not get to run much but had a great time anyways. Learnt so crap I didn't know so all good.

Thanks to the Officers, Events Committee, Trail Leaders, Supporting Members of NEXTerra and all attendees of Northern Exposure Run 2016 @ Rausch for making this another great NEXTerra
For more stories from the other Groups check out the Event thread on the NEXterra Board HERE!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.