Nissan XTerra Forum banner

What have you done for your X today?

2M views 11K replies 1K participants last post by  mhamor 
#1 ·
Let's hear it! It should be an ongoing thread. Whatever you did, big or small!

Today, I:

Uploaded photos onto a USB, hooked it up to my HU, and put my fiancee as the screen saver. She is hot.

#2 ·
I put on my lower control arms, 2 new lower ball joints, 1 new axle, and put the pass side torsion bar, anchor, & adjuster back on. Tommorow comes the other side, and then hopefully tires and have it mobile by wednesday after having it being down for 3 weeks.

Reactions: AK28
#3 ·
Replaced an alternator this weekend, fabbed up a mount for the GPS that I borrowed from Justin to mount onto my dash, replaced my silver nerf bars with the charcoal nerf bars from Justin's X since he was gonna toss 'em...no plans to do offroading for a little while though. Recalibrated my radar detector. Thats about it for now.

#4 ·
Scraped off bedliner around the edges of my wheels, removed old shackles and put on AC shackles with new bilsteins. Chucked the shot shocks, they were so bad I could push them together with my 2 pinky's and they would stay compressed. Installed my lights and skid plate. And yes I have half of a PML lift now, 1.5 only in the rear. I am just going to wait for the rest when I do the full install.

#5 ·
Oh and replaced my front brake pads with ceramic ones since mine were squeeking! Don't let anyone ever tell you its easy to do that! Unless you first off know how to do it... We had to bleed my brakes to get the calipers to compress in... PITA!

#6 ·
What!!!????? Take a C clamp dude!

#7 ·
Yeah we tried at first couldnt fit any of the ones we had at home so we used a would style clamp that was alot larger and then I had to open the bleeding valve and let some pressure to finally get it to go in... I dont know if my brakes were over full or if they are just having problems but I have always had a problem with the abs so I am beginning to think its something to do with the calipers. One side was really bad.

#9 ·
Monday I have of work...so I need to clean my rig out from this past weekend. damn it's gonna suck trying to get all that mud off.
I also ordered 2 Bilstein 12" travel shocks...so when ever those come in I need to get those on.

#13 ·
Haven't done anything today but by the end of the weekend this is what I'm hoping to have finished:

new SLR uca's
Bilstein HD's for the front
custom rock sliders courtesy of Richard
33" Cooper STT's mounted/balanced

#17 ·
I took my fingernail and scraped off a dead fly off my windshield
dedication. sacrificing yourself for your X. thats what i like to see!

#21 ·
cleaned dogshit off the bak seat for the 2nd time

topped of rad fluid, cleaned the k&n

looked at my sun bleached grill and died a lil inside, kinda dont want to paint it bc its gonna branch out into this huge project, i gotta finish up the runner before i get started on the X

#23 ·
Super washed and a fresh coat of wax to get me through the winter. I even pulled the basket to wax under there, lol.

It's so perrrrty now, lol.
what is this wax you speak of??? I have never waxed my X. now a days it brealy gets a bath....just a power washer to it and thats it. at some point I need to clean the inside out...still have mud & sand from this summer and last year.

#26 ·
cleaned dogshit off the bak seat for the 2nd time

topped of rad fluid, cleaned the k&n

looked at my sun bleached grill and died a lil inside, kinda dont want to paint it bc its gonna branch out into this huge project, i gotta finish up the runner before i get started on the X
i always see xterra with the sun faded grilles, nissan shuld of put a better platic on there or alteast painted them, hopefully today i take mine out and drive it a bit from sitting all weekend.