Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Club Xterra Google Map (Member Locations)

45K views 150 replies 117 participants last post by  GordonHawk 
#1 · (Edited)
So,

I noticed that other forums have this in place, however I couldn't find one anywhere. Perhaps we should attempt to do one as well.

Great way to see who is around us.

Club Xterra Google Map

How-To Steps:
  1. Click the link :D
  2. Click on "Sign In" in the top right corner. You will need to sign-in to your google account, it's free if you don't have one already.
  3. Once you sign-in you will see on the right-side menu an "Edit" option, click on this to allow access to edit.
  4. Next, sift through the world and find where you live or close to where you live. I know some people don't like to have people know where they live, however it would be nice to at least put your location in your general area.
  5. Right-click on the map and select "Add a placemark".
  6. This will open a window for you to input your information. Be sure to put either your real name or forum ID where it asks for your name.
  7. Please select the corect designated icon for your area. In the top-right of the box that appears, you will see a small symbol area where you can select the right color. If you don't, I normally update the list every day :)

Color Codes:
Purple: Eastern Standard Time (EST)
Teal: Central Standard Time (CST)
Red: Mountain Standard Time (MST)
Blue: Pacific Standard Time (PST)
Yellow: Canadians "Eh!"
Orange: International

Format for Description:
If we could all use the following format in the description area, this will keep it organized.

• Name:
  • Type of Vehicle:
  • Shout-Out:

Example:
  • Name: Warren (CX ID: Tamerin)
  • Type of Vehicle: 2000 Xterra, 2WD, V6
  • Shout-Out: I'm popular!

See less See more
#4 ·
great idea man, just did mine, but i think you should go back and edit yours to add your username in the description because thats what everyone on here probably knows you by.

#6 ·
Ok, first post updated with steps on how to add. Also added in a general format for listing ourselves :)

The format is not required, but would make it easier for people to find each other and to know who each other are.

#8 ·
hmm,

Well if we keep bumping this I think we can get everyone to simply post themselves on here. I think Google Maps should be the easiest one to register for, I know there are other websites however I am at work and can't view most of them lol.

Darn network filter!

#10 ·
done. very cool!

#12 ·
I had done this a couple of years ago but the host-site is no longer active so the map crashed with it. Thanks for reviving it. I totally forgot about setting up another one.

You'll be surprised where the dots will appear. The one I did, had several dots in Russia and a lot in South America.

#13 ·
added

#15 ·
I know we tried something like this a while back, but I've no idea whatever happened to it.
Yeah like 2-3 years ago a map was made.. Had a fare bit of members on it too.. I think its MIA.

#20 ·
Id like to post up but my Google account doesn't work anymore for some reason.

also i wouldn't be putting my real address, just maybe my area.... think about it anyone can see this and its like going hey here is where I live come take my shit!!!!!!! something for you guys to think about

#22 ·
Aye, I understand that Broden, I only inserted my street, however there are a few Xterra's around that look like mine :p

Also, it's good to see that I was able to contribute something back to ClubX. Yall have definitely helped me with some questions on my truck, just happy to be able to give back :)

Hopefully this will make it easier to setup events and stuff. Heck we can even post different trails/events that we know of and delete the events that have expired :D

#24 ·
Perhaps we could get this stickified so everyone can see it? ^_^

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.