Nissan XTerra Forum banner

New 40inch LED Light bar.

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  SoCalguy 
#1 · (Edited)
My wife got me a 40" LED light bar for my birthday. This was a fun project and I'm very happy with it. Only concern is how long it will last. It's a $45 light off Amazon with mixed reviews. I also realized I needed a wiring harness kit.... $11 bucks off Amazon. So, at the least, when this one dies, I have a quality power source in place for another!

This is a 240w light, and it is frighteningly bright! LOL My a sons and I were driving all over in the country at 1am! You can't even tell if your headlights are off or on when that thing is on.

Since the bar exceeds the width of the roof bars, I bought a 2x48x.125" piece of aluminum stock from TSC. $14. Lined up the holes for the stock cowling and drilled a few holes. Bowed perfectly and bolted up the light brackets easily.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks great! I just recently put on a couple of smaller Amazon lights and am impressed with the brightness. I can't speak to the longevity of them yet, but time will tell.
Exactly. I think when this one dies, I'll go with two square ones on each side. But hell, you can spend 50 bucks on one 4x4 square light!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.