Nissan XTerra Forum banner

pros and cons of gen 2 xterra

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  netdobeiras 
#1 ·
thank you for all who replay first....i own a 2002 tat is my english mastiff dog hauler,,,,and now im looking to grab another..im thinking a gen 2 and looking for information about what i should look out for......problems ect.....im looking to grab a 100000 mileage range gen 2......then go from there....hoping to spend in range of 6k....what r your thoughts...

#2 ·
The very first thing you should look for in a gen 2 is for the notorious radiator defect that those trucks have. If the truck's year is between 2005 and 2008 then it does have that problem. However if the owner put a separate radiator in there for the tranny then you should be safe. Just google "xterra SMOD" and you will get tons of info on this defect. It only applies to those years xterra and only for automatic transmission xterras not the manual transmission.Otherwise those trucks are pretty good. they have much better gas mileage as well as much more power.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.