Nissan XTerra Forum banner

First Knock Sensor issue

814 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Heavy Metal 
#1 ·
Well, I've had my X for under two months and I just had my first run in with a KS. Was on E Sunday morning, so we filled up on the way to church. Got to church fine, but we came out to go home, it was cutting out terribly. I limped across town to Orielly and the kid there ran a diagnostic and got the KS1, code. No check engine light was on but I had a feeling...

Thankfully I have already read a bunch here on this issue. I limped home and grabbed a can of seafoam my son had in the barn and dumped it in the full tank. Drove it around a couple hours later, ran fine. Drove it to work Monday and it was fine too. That was Kroger (grocery store in the Midwest) gas.

So now....I'm thinking about a bypass.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Are you supercharged? If not, it was 100% not your knock sensor. In a N/A motor, you will not notice any kind of difference in running from a bad knock sensor. You've likely had that code stored for years. With no CEL, my guess would be distributor.

#3 ·
Are you supercharged? If not, it was 100% not your knock sensor. In a N/A motor, you will not notice any kind of difference in running from a bad knock sensor. You've likely had that code stored for years. With no CEL, my guess would be distributor.
Huh, strange that it has been fine since treating the gas. Guess I'll know more after my next fill up.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.