Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Flex 'em!

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  ThompsonXTerra 
#1 ·
Alright guys, Im looking for some input here. I've looked at other Sexterras flex pix and kinda wonder how mine compare. Unfortunately there is one other X in my town that has any real mods and its an older guy so Im just going by pix. I have a 2" BL with AC UCA and Shackles so about 2.5" SL on 35's. My bump stop gap has increased (settled) since the initial lift so I may crank the bars a little more to get less rake (I hate a dipped front end) BUT anyways.. let me know if this flex looks good or weak and post pix of yours as well! If anyone is near Richmond / Lexington KY let me know!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
For 35s w/ on 2" BL and 2.5" SL I'd say that flex is looking pretty good. You're rear tire can get completely out of the wheel well, which is good. I'd be curious to see how the other rear tire tucks.

Front flex also looks solid, about as good as you can get with IFS. Do you rub at all up front when flexed and turning?

Looks like a clean build man. Best color X too ;)

#3 ·
Thanks! I haven't heard or felt any rubbing yet but I've only Mall crawled since the SL. I know I need to repack or replace a bearing so I haven't pushed it yet. Here's a picture of the rear tuck though.

Hows your rig set up and how does it flex?

Attachments

#4 ·
Thanks! I haven't heard or felt any rubbing yet but I've only Mall crawled since the SL. I know I need to repack or replace a bearing so I haven't pushed it yet. Here's a picture of the rear tuck though.

Hows your rig set up and how does it flex?
That rear tire seems to stuff nicely.

I have a 3" SL w/32" tires. Kind of wish I went with 33s but 32s are probably better for MPGs and such.

Flexes really well in the rear with an AAL and 1.5" shackles. Up front I have HD torsion bars so it's a little stiff, but eventually I plan to get a winch so hopefully the extra weight helps.

#6 ·
MPGs are a plus. I went back and forth about 33's. Kinda feel like i should've. I havent upgraded my torsion bars yet, wanted to see how stock ones handled the SL
Before adding the HD torsion bars the front end seemed to ride a little "bouncy" after adding the steel bumper, and they definitely fixed that if you have a similar problem.

Other than that, people say they aren't entirely necessary. They will allow you to crank up the front end more though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.