Nissan XTerra Forum banner

"One Million Uses and Counting"

67K views 155 replies 95 participants last post by  KyTerra 
#1 · (Edited)
What do you use your X for besides a DD or and Offroading Machine?

Post up a pic here of the OUT OF THE NORM things you use your X for or have seen another X used for.

Anything will work.

#127 ·
I've got a unique one for you.

No one's going to believe me because I never thought to take pics, but you can't make this stuff up...

As a well pump!

Let me explain a bit on this one.

Okay, technically it wasn't an Xterra, but a Nissan Hardbody pickup - same KA24 engine though!

I was visiting a small ranch my friend's family owns about 80 miles north of Tucson in the middle of freakin nowhere. The property has no electricity or any kind of modern utilities. There is good supply of groundwater though.

So my friend's uncle knows he needs to be able to pump a lot of water out to keep the plants hydrated in Arizona. He gets a good water pump, but the solar powered electric motor on it couldn't pump water out fast enough for it to actually reach all the plants before evaporating/soaking back into the ground.

So next step was to dig a trench by the well and drag this old (cheap) Hardbody with no wheels in place and half way bury it. The prop shaft is connected to the pump - start her up - rev it up - and SWOOSH! WATER FOR THE FARM!

The force of which water is blown out of the ground is amazing.
:fantastic:

#134 ·
Anniversary Card!

I just moved to Iowa from North Carolina, and my girlfriend came to visit me for our anniversary (flew in yesterday afternoon)...her first time flying to Iowa...So naturally I had to embarass her while picking her up from the air port!

Too bad I didn't have a PA horn hooked up to my CB...then it could have been one of those musical cards too!

:present-big:

#137 ·
bed once couldnt sleep so went for a drive fell asleep when i got back in the drivers seat lol, use it as a ladder as well, flashlight, desk for signing stuff, bench, open back hatch and sit in trunk, shelf for holding things to grab keys (with roof rack cups wont sit on top easily) tow truck(towed my friends car off the side of road to fix it no pics though unfortunatly

#138 ·
DO IT!!!! 3 bucks at wal mart for a glass chalk marker! LOL...she got a kick out of it when she saw me roll up after a month of not seeing each other :)

Totally a good idea!

#140 ·
Mine's great as a time and money sink ;)

#141 ·
Anchor for my dad's climbing practice

#147 ·
No pics but when I was a residential roofing salesman I loaded up the back from floor to ceiling with 25 bundles of heavy duty designer shingles, as well as a 28' extension ladder on top, and made the 40 mile trip back to the supply house. I swear I could see the gas gauge lowering as I drove.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#148 ·
Wow.. Some pretty heavy tows and loads in this thread.. Thats crazy.

Some good utility here too

I use mine mainly as an office with Power Inverter for my laptop etc.

My bed is permanently made up with pillows and blankets, my wife likes sleeping back there while we drive places.. Like a motorhome..

We use it as a jam session room where we sit with the back open facing nature and play and sing hippy songs..

We use it as a mobile cafe and chill lounge

We use it as a Reading room

As a clean comfortable bed to just lay around in on lazy days

Also use it to get to our favorite fishing holes and hiking /camping spots

#150 ·
SScratch... I was expecting a 3rd picture with a busted out back window... no "fail army" credits for you! Lol.

All of my uses have already been covered by previous posters I'm sure, but in a nutshell my X gets used to carry anything from kayaks to kids and goes anywhere from grocery store parking lots to washed out mountain roads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.