Nissan XTerra Forum banner

pml and drive shaft

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  TJTJ 
#1 ·
Hello all.
i.am seriously looking at installing the 2 inch shackles amd will crank those torsion bars..
I am wondering if the new geometry means i will have ujoint stress...or is there anything else I have to do...also..do u all think removing the running brds is a good idea...no one uses them..
thanks to all reponces in advance.

#2 ·
Changing the ride height 1.5" for a PML (Not 2") is not going to hurt anything.

2" is too high for a PML, and you will kill your tires, etc, as its outside the range for adjustment for a decent wheel alignment.

And, yeah...ditch/sell the side steps, remove the lower mud flaps and rear sway bar, and the vestigial plastic hub caps.

#5 ·
As a shackle only lifts one end, the amount of lift is essentially half of its additional length over stock.

For a 2000 - 2004 X, the OEM shackle is 3" eye to eye.

To get 1.5" of LIFT, the new shackle would need to be 3" LONGER than that...or, 6" eye to eye.

The limit for FRONT PML lift is ~ 1.5", as higher than that and you are out of the OEM alignment range (To get back into range, you'd get after market UCA for that purpose...and which also add some wheel travel and a 3" higher ride height along with the ability to get into alignment at that higher stance.

As you can't lift the front more than ~ 1.5" with a PML (PML = 1.5" Suspension Lift), you just raise the butt a matching 1.5" with a 6" long shackle.

You can see a 1.5" difference, especially when the steps are off.

If you need a preview, jack up the rig (With a jack....) by 1.5" and see what it looks like.

:D

The PML doesn't stress any components, so no worries there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.