Nissan XTerra Forum banner

What's everybody rocking out to?

5K views 33 replies 13 participants last post by  Tenzen 
#1 ·
Looking for a musical adventure. Had Linkin Park followed by Bob Dylan. I need something new.

What are you guys grooving to for the commutes?

#4 ·
Sports talk radio...lol

when I do crank up the volume, I like 90s and 2000s rap music...2pac, Notorious BIG, Puff Daddy, Eminem, Lil Jon, Nelly etc...basically all the stuff I was listening too when I got my first parental advisory CDs without my parents knowing! Stays classic to me lol

Or lately...I have been jamming out to Cheers by Rhianna every Friday on the way home from work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR0v0i63PQ4

#13 ·
Some good stuff!
Today was a Beastie Boys up and windows down kind of day.

Gonna Check out Delta Spirit
Beasties! Reminds me of some great times..

You actually have to do the Intergalactic dance while driving..

Had some In This Moment playing , some Skillet, Slipknot, Epica, Rodney Atkins, Cascade. I like all music but favor my rock.
Something about Xterras that just need rock.

My wife likes Joan Jett, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, and Steve Miller Band..

We jam on to RHCP too quite a bit.. Like some Dani California

#14 ·
Found an old U2 Album in my glove box.. Brought back some memories.

#19 · (Edited)
Been rocking the Beatles and Seger today. If any of you like Progressive Rock you should check out the band i work for. Umphrey's McGee. www.umphreys.com We put on a hell of a rock show. Never play the same show twice with a different setlist every night. Here is a good vid of what we do. https://youtu.be/9B1vJpOn1so
And one from a Album we just did at Abby Road Studio. Highlight of my time working for the band.
https://youtu.be/0GjqnXNkkcM

And a few pics of our light rig.

Attachments

#21 · (Edited)
County's cool. I like Dwight Yoakam, JM Montgomery, Alan Jackson, Tim McGraw, Clint Black, Randy Travis, Johnny Cash, George Jones, Alison Kraus, Patty Loveless.. Kenny Rogers until he did that stupid Geico commercial where they made fun of The Gambler.. And tried to look more like a Hollywood housewife than a man

I really like Irish Celt Music.. Especially the Chieftains. They do a ton of country and other music collaborations.. You know a musician has made it when The Chieftains make a song with them.. They play with Sinead O'Connor (I love her), Bon Iver, The Rolling Stones, Patty Loveless, Pavoratti, Madonna, Van Morrison, Mick Jagger, Tom Jones, Natalie Merchant, Roseanne Cash, Pistol Annies, Ziggy Marley, Ricky Skaggs, Willie Nelson, and a ton of others..

Irish music is actually one of the main roots of American Country music.. Particularly the fiddle back in the very early days and music in the Southern states, etc.. As well as a primary source of all our Military and maritime music.

Everyone knows Rocky Road to Dublin, The Parting Glass, The Foggy Dew, Danny Boy, She Moved Through the Fair, etc..

#24 ·
Just downloaded some Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, and Black Keys. Always good rock/blues to play while rolling the X!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.