Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Aftermarket HID Projector headlights

10K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Tonym_photo 
#1 ·
I've been doing some google searches for a set of HID projector headlights and haven't really found any high quality options. I DO NOT want any led strips but I'm ok with halos. Have to be blacked out too. Does anyone know where I can find something like this, again I'm not looking for cheap headlights, that seems to be what is popping up on google......

#11 ·
Can you fill me about HIDprojectors please ... I m thinking going there myself for 2004 X

mike
I had them built by HIDprojectors and they came pretty quick. I installed them and everything looked and worked great I was really happy with them. After a week I went through a car wash and both of them filled with water. There was a problem with the seal so I contacted them and explained the situation. He was more than willing to help me out and I offered to try and fix the problem myself rather than send them away to be repaired. After the water was evaporated I had water spots on the inside of the headlights so I told him I expected him to fix the problem because ripping a set of headlights apart was what I wanted to avoid and was why I paid a lot of money to have them built professionally. The owner was great to deal with he felt bad about the situation so he ended up giving me a free set of hid lights for my off road lights, upgraded 50w ballasts and upgraded bulbs, and I had a $50 credit for making a post on another thread so I also had him send me another set for my fog lights. The headlights were damaged in shipping back to him (the one complaint I have is that I had to pay for shipping, the free HID kit kind of makes up for it but it took a lot of time tearing apart my front end repeatedly..... not really a big deal though) He actually fixed the headlights for free which was great! But it seems like they were damaged yet again when they were shipped back to me. One of the clips to secure the headlights was broken off completely when I opened the package after receiving them. The passengers side doesn't go high enough now and the drivers side is cut off is crooked and the light seems to be focused towards the ground. I ended up putting in an insurance claim and got back $600 which I plan on putting towards another Hid kit and just trying a retrofit myself.
I highly recommend just buying another set of oem headlights off of ebay and the kit from hidprojectors.com for a lot less than it will cost to have them built.
From everything I've heard about them they are a good company that produces quality products but the mistake of having a bad seal lead to a lot of other problems. The damage during shipping totally wasn't their fault, it was just bad luck but he did everything he could do to make things right.
Even though I had a bad experience they seem like a good company, and were very helping through the process. I have close to a 100 emails back and forth and they answered all of them promptly too.

#12 ·
If you know the basics I honestly would consider doing it yourself. It would require you to open youe factory headlights, retro fit them and seal them back up.

I have done a few retrofits and the output is insane compared to what you would buy off of eBay. www.retrofitsource.com will have everything you need. I'm going to be doing a retro fit on my X in a few weeks :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.