Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Looking for an AUTOCAD file for a Rear bumper w/tire carrier

53K views 86 replies 41 participants last post by  djal 
#1 ·
I remember someone had posted up a autocad drawing of a bumper w/ rear tire carrier. i cant seem to find it now.

I'm trying to get a fabricator to make me a rear bumper but wants some dimensions preferably an autocad file or something similar with dimensions.

any help would be great!

Thanks

#53 ·
Here it is!
Can i come snag some dimensions this weekend? Mine is built but i want to measure the holes on yours since you have a body lift.

#54 ·
Can i come snag some dimensions this weekend? Mine is built but i want to measure the holes on yours since you have a body lift.
Are you trying to drill new holes? Since yours is already built, I don't know if taking measurements will help that much. Mine was built for the body lift. You can come look at it if you want though.

#55 ·
Are you trying to drill new holes? Since yours is already built, I don't know if taking measurements will help that much. Mine was built for the body lift. You can come look at it if you want though.
Yeah already built but no mounting holes have been drilled.

#58 · (Edited)
mjalaly, can you post some pics of your bumper? I'd like to see how well the bends match the bends of the side plastic parts.
Yep here you go. (sorry these were taken before i could get paint on them) I will also post an updated file later today if i remember.

swing arm is low in this one because there is rubber that goes between the arm and seat.

Hope it helps!

#60 ·
Awesome thread :). My boss at the recording studio ironically enough is going to teach me how to weld and some fabrication. So I have him agreed to help do some of this work and teach me how. Any tips you have after having it up and running for a while?

Great design, it looks great!

#61 ·
Finally got her finished and painted

#63 ·
Whats the dimension differences in the 1st gen and 2nd gen? Anyone know? I'm sure 2nd gen is a little wider but not sure.

#65 ·
#66 ·
I wanted to make a similar rear tire carrier and i was interested what type of clamp(quick release), the silver one is that? Who make that?
This is the exact one I bought

#67 ·
this is something I have been looking for. Gonna take these measurements to my steel guy and see how much he can get it for. i feel comfortable doing the welding myself, but I need to find somebody that can bend it.

If you dont mind me asking, how much did this thing cost total in the end. also whats the thickness on that steel, it looks thinner than 3/16, but it could just be the pictures.

#68 ·
this is something I have been looking for. Gonna take these measurements to my steel guy and see how much he can get it for. i feel comfortable doing the welding myself, but I need to find somebody that can bend it.

If you dont mind me asking, how much did this thing cost total in the end. also whats the thickness on that steel, it looks thinner than 3/16, but it could just be the pictures.
The most expensive part was the flat steel. $45. Bending was $20 and everything else I had lying around or got from a local place that lets you go thought the yard and buy scrap (most of it is really good) for $20 for 50lbs.

I machined the shackle mounts form scrap too. Latch was $40, light and bracket from a trailer supply store was $10.

So less than $150.

the steel plate is 3/16.

#69 ·
any chance you could put up the measurements for your tire carrier section. dont need the angles so much, just the length of the two upright pieces that the tire is bolted to and the length the actual holder sticks out

#71 ·
X2 on above. I have a copy of SolidWorks 2012 from school but I'm having a difficult time figuring out mounting. I know how to put it all together on the program that's not the problem. I just want the file for reference geometry. For that matter even a SolidWorks drawing would work for me, so I have the measurments. Thanks a lot!!

#73 ·
Draftsight, it's a knock off of AutoCAD LT, heck typing the same commands work. Completely free, just gotta give them your email, and the stuff they send doesn't bother me as it is work relevant.

I use it at home and at work, in preference to real AutoCAD which I also have.

#74 ·
Draftsight, it's a knock off of AutoCAD LT, heck typing the same commands work. Completely free, just gotta give them your email, and the stuff they send doesn't bother me as it is work relevant.

I use it at home and at work, in preference to real AutoCAD which I also have.
well down loading it now about to see if im any good at this or if im going to have to do it all on graph paper. thanks for the site. I have been trying to find something i could use for awhile now. This is why I love this site so many friendly paople on here

#75 ·
#76 ·
What parts did you use for the swing itself? I have 2"x2" 3/16" tube left over from my rock sliders. What round tube did you use and the holster an all that for the arm? I'm trying to figure this out and mock one up for my 01 and just want to gather materials as I go along

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.