Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Nissan Xterra reliability - better info

19K views 50 replies 18 participants last post by  mkaresh 
#1 ·
I wanted more up-to-date car reliability information that included actual repair rates. So in late 2005 I started getting people together to make this possible. TrueDelta now reports absolute repair rates that make the differences between cars much clearer. Results are updated four times a year, so it's possible to track cars closely as they age.

The Xterra isn't yet included in the main survey, because not enough owners have signed up to participate. But the 2005 is just a few owners short of the minimum, and other years aren't far behind. So hopefully soon.

Participants simply report repairs the month after they occur on a one-page survey. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, at the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, participants receive full access to all results, not just those for the Xterra, for free.

For the details, and to sign up to help out:

Car reliability research

#7 ·
Thanks, guys, I appreciate it.

About ten more owners have signed up, but apparently for years other than the 2005. So while those other years are all closer to getting started, we're still a few short for the 2005. I hope that next month I can report that at least one model year has been added to the survey.

#19 ·
Thank you.

We should have a result for the 2005 in November. Started a little too late to have one last month.

179 owners now signed up. The 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2007 are all close to the minimum needed to add them to the survey.

Help get your year included:

Car reliability research

#20 ·
It looks like we might not receive enough responses for that result next month. It's still possible, though.

Signed up, but haven't yet responded to the survey?

Not yet signed up? It's too late to participate in the current round, but additional participants would guarantee stats in February.

Car reliability research

#21 ·
Starting this month we have a new question to measure, as objectively as possible, the severity of a problem. Many people have been asking for reliability stats that weight problems by how severe they are, and once we have enough responses with the revised survey we'll start providing this.

#25 ·
registering mine

#26 ·
We have a preliminary reliability stat for the 2005 Xterra. With a reported repair frequency of 174 repair trips per 100 vehicles per year, it's worse than average. This is based on a small sample size, though, so it might not be accurate.

Thank you, once again, to everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in May and August. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help:

Nissan Xterra reliability ratings and comparisons

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.