Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Trail scouting trip near Artesia Lake 8/23 - Near Carson NV

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  m3dragon 
#1 ·
If anyone is interested this Sat I am heading to see some trails for the fist time near Artesia Lake this Saturday 8/23. I am scouting these trails for a future group off road trip for. All you need is 4x4, two way radio for safety, and packed lunch as there is no food unless you feel like hunting and cooking a squirrel. A lifted 2x4 probably could do the entire trip but not 100% sure.

If you care to come we will rally here before taking off.

Saturday 8/23
Time: 8:00am
Starbucks - 4311 Town Center Boulevard
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762
Fuel options for top off - Valero and Chevron.

Depart 8:15am - and i mean 8:15 so if you are late, look for us on the road up to the start point.

Pre-trail fuel top off meeting location
7-Eleven
1060 US Hwy 395 N
Gardnerville, NV 89410

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Recap of trail scouting trip.

The plan for this trail scouting trip was to see if the route posted would be good for a planned over night weekend to see several ghost towns of the course of a weekend. Sadly while the trails was a BLAST this would not be a good trail to use for the planned overnight weekend. I will be looking for another route to use which can accommodate all types of vehicles.

The group was made up of myself in a brand new stock raptor, my buddy and his wife in is four door Jeep with 37 inch tires and a friend from the drives group in is Dodge Ram 1500 with a lift kit and 35’s and his buddies.

The trail itself was a mostly hard pack dirt and with the usual rocks all over the place. A few areas of the trail were washed out from the recent monsoon rains in the area a few weeks ago. We were able to navigate a path through the wash areas with some very “extreme” routes. As long as you had 4x4 on you were able to navigate the crazy sections.

It took us about 5 hours to complete the entire trail which includes a lunch stop, bio breaks, and a firearms session to take out some evil oranges. Once we are out of the adventure trail we headed to Ludwig where we hit the fast section of off road which was what I was looking for.

---For those who see this and wish to join future off road trips and or help scout routes for future expeditions. Sign up for the emails I am creating for trail adventures at ---

Start of the trail.

Short stop to defend the group against killer oranges. Time to break out the fire power.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.