Nissan XTerra Forum banner

CB radio help

7K views 29 replies 4 participants last post by  Txterror 
#1 ·
I just finished installing my CB radio and having problems getting it to work. I got a uniden Bearcat 880 with built in SWRs and a firestick. i am getting no signal and my antenna says it keeps failing. i checked my grounding and all looks good and i have adjusted the crap out of the antenna and on the CB radio and still cant get it to work. any help would be much appreciated.

#7 ·
Then here is the bc radio. I ran the power and ground wire under the center console and tapped into the cigaret lighter for the power and grounded it to the floor of the car near the shifters. I know the ground spot is good cause I also have my amp meter grounded in the same spot and no issues with it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Attachments

#13 ·
so in my endeavors to get my CB radio to work I now fail the RF out test where before I passed it. i still fail the Antenna test. I have made sure my grounding on the antenna mount is good and the ground on the CB radio is good too. I can't figure this out to save my life and I am just not that knowledgable in the world of CB radios.

#15 ·
So I couldn't find my multi meter but I sanded down the paint where the mount is bolted on. I got some reception but still fails the ant test. Should I run a ground wire to the frame from the antenna mount?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Hmmm, if i were you i would try and find that meter, makes the whole process 10x easier than guessing and sanding.

You can get them from home depot/ lowes for like $10 anyway. I own 3.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.