Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Can't find exhaust pipe

866 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  James Ambagis 
#1 ·
So I am replacing exhaust on my 2000 xterra 3.3L. I cannot seem to find anywhere the small pipe between the cat and the y pipe on the drivers side. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

#2 ·
Changed the design

I could not find that pipe anywhere. Nissan changed the design of the secondary cat on the driver side and the pipe you need is now part of the cat.

I ended up going to a local muffler shop and they installed my supplied Y pipe and fabbed in two new front sections (as the flanges on my cats were pretty rusted).

I am a total DIY guy, so it pained me to have to pay someone else to do this. I am slightly uncomfortable now that my Y pipe is welded in (see my DIY comment), but it worked out well and should be good for 50K miles (the original lasted 14 years and 110K miles in the rust belt .. . . ).

Not sure where you are located, but I used a shop called Mighty Muffler in Northern Delaware and recommend them. The owner allowed me to bring in my Y pipe, saying it would cost me more if he were to order it in. He also told me he could have fabbed one for me, but it would end up costing me more. He works on some high end cars and hot rods, but does not mind working on older stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.