Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Newbie and a question (Oil Pressure switch)

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  RacerXXL 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I just bought a new 2010 Xterra S a week ago saturday. Love the X. I noticed last wednesday a decent sized (8" x 10") oil patch on the ground (passenger side front). Took it to the dealer where they ran dye through it to find out where the leak was coming from. They tell me it was the oil pressure switch, so they replaced it and resealed it. It stopped the puddle, but now I notice I am getting 5 to 6 droplets (like from an eyedropper) on the ground in the same location. I will give the dealer a call about this, but in the meantime I wanted to know if anyone has experienced this type of problem before and if it is just a matter of sealing this switch.

Thanks,
Bill

#3 ·
The oil pressure switch on mine is leaking just a bit and I will be replacing it tomorrow. Mind you mine has 160K on the odometer, but my guess would be that did not get yours sealed correctly when they replaced it or did not get all the oil from the original failure cleaned of the chassis.

It's not uncommon, in my experience, to see them fail and leak. I work in motorsports and it is one of the first items we remove from the production vehicles we start with due to the fact that we have seen several fail over the last decade.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.