Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Looking for an AUTOCAD file for a Rear bumper w/tire carrier

53K views 86 replies 41 participants last post by  djal 
#1 ·
I remember someone had posted up a autocad drawing of a bumper w/ rear tire carrier. i cant seem to find it now.

I'm trying to get a fabricator to make me a rear bumper but wants some dimensions preferably an autocad file or something similar with dimensions.

any help would be great!

Thanks

#2 ·
Found it!...but im still open to more ideas.

#3 ·
Where did you find the Autocad file?

#4 ·
Where did you find the Autocad file?
i found the member who had posted a picture of the autocad file. so i dropped him a PM

#5 ·
bump

#6 ·
I wouldn't mind a copy of that file. :)

#7 ·
Shoot if you find it and want something changed let me know. My best friend is working with AUTOCAD alot now. Lol even found me a pic of an X in Autocad. =) Best of luck Ron. Let me know how your hunting goes.

#8 ·
interested too in the file...

#9 ·
#10 ·
we might be SOL cause the member with the file cant locate it....if he does end up finding it im sure he wont mind sharing it with others.

#12 ·
Not autocad, but my friend and I are designing some skidplates and bumpers in SolidWorks soon, I'd be more than happy to share the file once done.
Awesome

Keep us posted!

#13 ·
Just make sure we can grab a dxf and we should be fine! Thanks man!

#16 ·
I may take a crack at it this weekend, do you want a 2D draft or 3D model?
3D would be ideal but im sure i can work around a 2D Model.

#21 ·
so far we are still SOL....

#22 ·
Haha, hold yer horses. I didn't mean to imply I was going to design the bumper that weekend. My friend is just finishing his bumper/tire/gas can carrier and after that we are fabricating my skidplates, and after that I'll be designing the bumper. I don't want to release a bumper design until I am sure it will fit so it will take a little bit of time.

#23 ·
Cool!

#26 ·
Any updates with the CAD files? I do a little work with Autocad at home and Solidworks at work. I currently have 97% of my custom bumper modeled up in there and put together. Now making plans for the rear bumper but something to work off of as a starting point would be nice. Posting more pics of my front bumper later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.