post #81 of 86 Old 10-30-2015, 08:17 PM
bmwbirdman
Noob

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bmwbirdman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Rough idle acceleration clears up

So to save a lot of people out there a lot of wasted money here is what I have tried: replaced intake gaskets, replaced knock sensors, replaced o2 sensors, replaced spark plugs, plugs wires, entire distributor is new, ran cataclean twice, check for blown head gaskets with liquid from autozone says no problems, sent ECM checked out fine, new mass air flow sensor, changed throttle body with one from known good engine. At this point I am finished with this POS for ever. I am selling it cheap at a dealer only auto auction. Good ridens!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 86 Old 12-23-2015, 03:19 PM
Twinzee1
Noob

Twinzee1 is on a distinguished road
Check the code of the engine. when this happened to me it was the spark plugs. Don't delay on replacing them, my cat went bad after driving around like that for a week
post #83 of 86 Old 12-27-2015, 12:47 PM
Ken Hardy

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
2002 Xterra
Ken Hardy is on a distinguished road
Finally replaced the distributor, air idle control valve, plugs, wires, fuel filter, fuel regulator, clean throttle body, intake, injectors & the truck still runs like crap.
I would think that Nissan would have a bulletin out for this common problem.
My guy seems to think I need to have the valves cleaned. I'm not putting any more money into this truck.
2002 Xterra
post #84 of 86 Old 01-03-2016, 02:30 PM
Ken Hardy

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
2002 Xterra
Ken Hardy is on a distinguished road
I poured in some of that Lucus fuel injector cleaner. Big difference in the way the truck is idling now. Much smoother. Still a little hiccup from time to time but nothing like it was before.
2002 Xterra
post #85 of 86 Old 06-02-2016, 12:05 AM
gh05tp3da1
Noob

gh05tp3da1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrosseau View Post
Hey I'm curious if you have found out what your idling issue was I have a 2002 s/c I just bought with the same problem it only miss fires on the passenger side 3 cylinders. I have tried replacing the catalytic converter spark plugs, wires and distributor with no luck.
Not sure if you figured out the problem with your Xterra yet but...

I had the same symptoms as described here. Started good, warmed up then idled very rough, to the point that it almost stalled. After a good inspection I found that the upper intake manifold gasket in between the supercharger and plenum was blown out causing a huge vacuum leak.

Now I'm not saying that is your problem. But, I do suggest that you have a good look at all your vacuum lines, intake gaskets etc. You more than likely have a leak someplace.

After replacing the upper intake manifold gasket this afternoon, I am happy to say my Xterra is running like a top!

Good luck.
post #86 of 86 Old 06-20-2016, 12:10 PM
jarebear22

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
jarebear22 is on a distinguished road
I had the rough idol problem and I replaced everything you could think of. I took off the big air intake hose to fit the tube for seafoam in the throttle body on the upper intake planium and when I pulled the intake hose. In-between the ridges of the intake hose there were two big cracks in the plastic that were hiding. The MAF sensor would not have detected this leak of air going into the throttle bottle to adjusted the fuel injection. Ergo, the reason for my rough idle was the two cracks that I spent about $500 in personal repair cost (things that would have needed to be replaced anyway) to find.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.