Nissan XTerra Forum banner

My other toys

5K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  fightingamish 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm new here having only been a Xterra owner for a few days but I thought I would show you my other toys.

This was our stable a few months ago. A red 1969 MGBGT, a blue 1971 MGBGT and a yellow 1979 MGB.

The red one was painted pink and white and given to our daughter. The first thing she did with it after we gave it to her was run an 800 mile rally in it. :)

The blue one is a hauler...

and a vintage Endurance Rally Car. It has been fairly heavily modified for comfort and reliability. This photo was taken last year on a non-stop lap of Lake Michigan, we used come-alongs to haul back out of this mess, tomorrow I am installing a winch on the back of the car because on Wednesday we leave to run the same rally.

The yellow one is our sleeper, the 4 cylinders weren't enough so we slotted a V8 up front.

When we built this car we owned a Mercedes SLK, my goal was to make the MG faster, I did. :)

I'm also lucky enough to work for a company that makes alignment machines, wheel balancers and tire changers, I can get the best possible alignments and balancing done to all my vehicles which makes them a dream to drive. :)

See less See more
#3 ·
That's awesome

#5 ·
Looks like you know how to have fun! :D

Can't wait to see what you end up doing to the x! :D

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I'm already shopping for parts for the X. :D

The yellow MG has been autocrossed

It has probably gone further off road than most Jeep Wranglers

and it isn't afraid of getting wet.

The blue 1971 is driven hard too, this is my wife driving. On rallies she usually drives while I navigate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.