Nissan XTerra Forum banner

scary brake issue

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  mproctor90 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. New to the forum and I'm having a scary intermittent brake issue. Occasionally when I hit my brakes they will BASICALLY fail. What happens is the pedal gets hard and states to vibrate and shudder and severely lose braking power. Happens at ant speed and seems to happen with any amount of braking force. Also my ABS light comes on from time to time. Sometimes its on when this happens sometimes its not. Any help on the issue would be greatly appriciated. Thanks

#3 ·
i live in the northwest. rains a lot here. im not sure of the abs code, but i know the person i bought it from said the light comes on from time to time and they said it was something with the RF wheel speed sensor. i need to go get it read since i dont have the tool. but today i was driving and slammed on the brakes pretty hard just to see if maybe what i was feeling was the abs working and im pretty sure thats what it was. but it has previously done this when the vehicle was obviously not losing traction. i read somewhere that the sensor might just need adjusted or be dirty. how true does that sound. im just worried because its so intermittent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.