Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Best offset/backspace for my rim/tire setup

6K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  NeoGixxer 
#1 ·
Hi all, I figure I'd start a new thread for this question. So I decided on some 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2 tires. I want the tires/rims to come out of the fenders a bit for a more aggressive look.

Which setup can I achieve this with no metal trimming, possible light plastic trim?

16 X7 with 0 offset, 4.0 backspace
16 x8 with +12 offset, 4.97 backspace
16 x8 with +13 offset, 5.01 backspace

#2 ·
Year of X? Current lift/relevant mods? Those will help a lot in answering your question.

Stock BS is 5.5" and the closer you stay to that the better. 16 x8 with +13 offset, 5.01 backspace would probably give you a nice little stance and little to no rubbing if you have no lift.

Again, to truly know what you can run we need the year of your X and how much SL or BL you have if any.

#3 · (Edited)
My bad, I have a 2002 Xterra SE 4x4. No current lift, im gonna do a PML when I install the rims/tires.

So I just purchased some Unique 297 15x8 rims with a -12 offset (4.0 BS)wrapped with 31/10.50R15 tire. I'm hoping I'm gonna have
To do little to no trimming of metal or plastic.

#4 ·
My bad, I have a 2002 Xterra SE 4x4. No current lift, im gonna do a PML when I install the rims/tires.

So I just purchased some Unique 297 15x8 rims with a -12 offset (4.0 BS)wrapped with 31/10.50R15 tire. I'm hoping I'm gonna have
To do little to no trimming of metal or plastic.
4" BS shouldn't be too much trouble with a 31x10.5". You may just have to remove the front mudflap or trim it a fair amount in order for the wheel to be able to turn properly.

#5 ·
With 5" BS and 31x10.5x15 you just barely have to cut plastic on the 2000-01(about playing card thickness). The 02-04 are supposedly ever so slightly less plastic on the front lower flap lip. You plan on pushing it out with 4" BS I would think their is a good chance all the plastic needs to go. SL does not change where the tire will hit. The range of motion is still the same.

#6 ·
We will see what happens, thank u guys for you info.

I'm going from stock to new rims/tires, PML, removing nerf bars & mud flaps, new bilstein suspension, new timing
belt kit, and bed lining the trim. I'm pretty excited, maybe I should do a built thread

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.