Nissan XTerra Forum banner

A/C Help

777 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  HFD1 Tuner 
#1 ·
Good afternoon all,

2003 Nissan Xterra SE S/C

My family friend mechanic replaced my timing belt a couple weeks ago and we ended up having to replace an A/C tensioner pulley as well.

Now my A/C will only blow (doesn't blow cold or hot). My friend checked the freon levels and said they were fine and that it was my compressor. He said he didn't have much experience with Nissan air conditioning but it looked like I would need to replace the compressor, condenser and dryer. He then told me to take it to a company that does a lot of air condition repairs/replacements. The place took a look and said the same thing that everything needs to be replaced (I was hoping just the compressor) and that it would run $1,400.00 and take them a day to repair.

My question is does $1,400.00 sound about right for this kind of repair? I've got a call into my local Nissan Service Center to see what they would charge but I haven't heard back from them.

Thank you as always.

Brandon

See less See more
#2 ·
did it work before the t belt replacement? There are a few switches on the lines that could be the cause? second shop to look at it would be my deal. 1400 clams seems high to me. Unless the compressor has self destructed and shot metal everywhere the condenser should be good. Get it reclaimed so no 134 is in the system tear it down and have a look....New drier is like 20 bucks few pounds of 134 not to pricey reman compressor 400 bucks bolt it all on off to get it vacuumed recharged

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.