Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Hello From Tennessee

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Airmapper 
#1 ·
I have been the proud owner of my 2001 Xterra for two years now and it is the best rig I have ever owned. I have been so pleased with it that I have decided to put some money in it to see what it really can do. While looking for ideas (and also repair directions) I found this site. This forum has many people who have great rigs and people that have a wealth of knowledge about these vehicles. Thanks in advance and I will get some pictures of the X up soon. By the way any tips that ya'll know and want to pass on I would be grateful.

#4 ·
Welcome to CX!

The Chilton manuals are decent but go to this link and download the FSM for your year model xterra. It is the most comprehensive service manual you will find for each year model. It is broken down into multiple files (because it is huge) but it covers everything from the tail lights to the transmission. :)

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/xterra/

#6 ·
@ Drake
Thanks that manual is awesome, much better than the chiltons.
@ RacerXXL
I really like your rig and I have a question is the paint job on your plastic holding up. I need some new plastic anyway but it would be nice to not have to buy it all.

#7 ·
Dude "Stan" is one bad ride. I like the build it is really well done. How much of a pain was it to put the bed liner on the truck like that?

#8 ·
@ RacerXXL
I really like your rig and I have a question is the paint job on your plastic holding up. I need some new plastic anyway but it would be nice to not have to buy it all.
It's fine and still looks good except for the places where I have knocked it off on the trail. Nice thing is I just wash a damaged piece and put on another coat and it's good as new again.

#9 ·
Welcome! What part of TN are you from for those of us on mobile?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#10 ·
I live in Clarksville TN. I am headed to Arkansas to pickup my baby this weekend. She had the clutch burn out while I was seeing family so I had to leave her back home. I can not wait to have her home with me. once back first is painting trim and second is building a storage/speaker box somewhat like the one I saw somewhere on this site.

#13 ·
Thanks

Welcome from ga. Check out the seXTERRA fb page we have rides every month and are looking for new members.
I have joined, thanks and look forward to meeting many of ya'll in the future!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.