Nissan XTerra Forum banner

New member in Arkansas

975 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  VannyPak 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, just thought I'd stop in and introduce myself.
I'm Joe, and I live in Arkansas. Just picked up my first Xterra about two days ago...and so far I love it!
I don't do rock crawls or mud bogging, although I love to watch them.
Mainly mine will be used for getting my kayaks to the rivers, camping fishing, etc.
I love the versatility of it..and have been a Nissan fan for along, long time.
Hopefully there are other Xterra owners in my neck of the woods.

Nice to meet everyone, and I hope to learn a lot about my new ride from the veterans here.

#5 ·
Camping for sure.

Indeed. I am all about some camping. Can't wait to take my X up for some trout fishing in the next few weeks. I'm not used to having all the space in the back, it's great!

Sooner or later I will find a way to mount my rods/reels and all the rest of my gear comfortably and out of the way. I'm in the process of trying to find brackets for the brush guard i just bought for it, and setting up my racks to hold all my kayaks, etc.

Joe

#8 ·
Mods

Awesome. I'll definitely check that out. I'm all about mods for making hauling camping gear, etc. easier. I actually found a small cargo net on a frontier that I could use for the top rack. I may end up making one instead however. I just got my X, so I've got big plans to take her camping a lot this year. Sooner the better.
Joe

#9 ·
I know what you mean. I went from a '97 Jeep Wrangler to a 2011 X. I'm definitely getting used to all the space but my dog is the size of a small bear so she takes up the cargo area. I keep looking for ways to work around her! lol I'm aiming to camp around the first weekend in October but I'm taking a bunch of camping noobs so we'll how that goes!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.