Nissan XTerra Forum banner

the idle air control valve. anecdotal story or what

852 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  banx 
#1 ·
so 2001 3.3l auto. lots of kms.

been pretty good, this forum has helped. supercharged radiator is a dream, dizzy replacement how to, and a few other things i've done because of this sweet ass rescource.

so bit of a story, had the CEL light on for quite some time, and have had it checked by a buddy a few times and its always p0505 idle air control. It would even go out by itself for a week at a time

I bought a wireless OBDII reader and same code up came up on sunday... reset it, and its stayed off.

why I'm asking is because especially when the truck is cold, it idles better when the CEL is off. seems to run better creeping along in traffic.... it runs and drives fine with the CEL light on. mpg and power has no change.

but is this idling better thing all in my head? or if it isn't, why does clearing the CEL make it run better when nothing has actually happened. what is the ecu doing that makes it run better?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.