Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Titan Diff Swap - 9" of Travel

20K views 35 replies 10 participants last post by  AZ-Ted 
#1 ·
Front diff is blown, so I will be replacing with a Titan front diff, Titan Axles, and Titan LCAs. I've got the PRG UCAs (for the Titan swap), the 2.5" Radflo coilovers, the extended tie rod ends, and the extended brake lines on order. Now I just need to source my diff, axles, and LCAs.

Greg at PRG tells me this setup should give me 9" of travel. I can hardly wait!!!

#27 ·
Update from Feb 22nd: I've got the Titan front diff, titan axle shafts, PRG Titan UCAs, Titan LCAs, 2.5" Radflows with 600lb Eibachs, the extended TREs, and the longer brake lines installed. I installed the diff and passenger's side on Saturday, and finished up the drivers side on Sunday. Now I just need to get some 285s and an alignment.

I'd like to thank the following for all of their help on this project: Penski61, Sexy6chick, Gabe @ ABC Nissan, Greg @ PRG Products, Creek, La Rana, OregonX, and all the others that have done the Titan Swap before me.

Here are a few pictures:

#29 ·
The install went really smooth. The only things that took some time were cutting off the original UCA bolt on the driver's side (near the steering shaft), and bleeding the brakes after installing the new lines.

I had an old hacksaw blade, so it took awhile to cut the bolt.

The brakes seem to be a little soft even after bleeding. I'm thinking about having them vacuum bled.

#31 · (Edited)
Titan dif and suspension are looking real good on that X Ted!! Are you going to run 2.5" wheel spacers in the rear so you have the same width as the front? With your new height I'd also recommend you consider as set of 305/70/R16 instead of 285 size (smaller narrower), some minor trimming and you'll be good to go. Or if you don't use it as a DD a set of 34x10.5 LTB tires would be sick.

#32 ·
Thanks Jim. I'm going to run the 285 (ATs) for my DD tires, and save up for a set of 305/70/16 BFG MT KM2s on 16x8 wheels (not sure which wheel yet). The MTs will only be used for wheeling. In the meantime, I'll be adding the 2" BL soon.

As for the rear, Greg suggested running a 1.5" spacer. I'm guessing there may be some sort of stress issue related to a thicker spacer?? I'm going to order some longer rear shocks soon, so I'll ask him about the spacers in more detail.

#34 ·
This thread is super old, and makes for an interesting read six (6) years later...

I noticed that Imageshack must have killed my old photos. Here are a few more recent photos (now with 35" BFG KM2s that I bought from Penski61):

After six years, I can say that the Titan Swap has been awesome! And, it has held up extremely well.

At this point, the only thing I am lacking is better gears (looking at 4:56s), and a front locker. I actually have the ARB M205 front locker sitting on my shelf (I bought one of the original run of 50 that Steeevo at Rugged Rocks worked up with ARB), and am saving my pennies for the new gears.

#35 ·
Thanks for the update!

Look great!

Have you measured the travel?

#36 ·
Thanks TJ. I never really measured the travel, but it is definitely "a lot more" than stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.