Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Lift and tire size help

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  ThompsonXTerra 
#1 ·
New to the club.. Just got a 07 off road manual about two weeks ago. Been looking at a bunch of topics but figured I would just ask and see what comes back!

Going to do a 2" SL and a 2" BL.. Was wondering what mods would need to be done other then that to fit on some 295/75R16s? I think the clearance will be ok.. Just worried about the width.

Any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated!!

Until then... Keep it dirty my friends

#2 ·
You can fit that diameter tires stock on 2nd gens with the melt mod (heat gun to plastic in the wheel well). Not positive on the width but you should be fine.

If you're doing a 2" BL then you should go up to 34" or even 35" tires (not sure if regearing for those is needed on 2nd gens though).

#4 ·
Thanks for the response! I just read a couple different posts about regearing.. from what I can see people were even talking about a small loss in acceleration with 33s! any other help would be appreciated!
Well yes, anytime you go up in tire size acceleration will be lost. This is due to the fact the a larger tire takes longer to do a full rotation.

I believe 2nd gens come stock with 32" tires so when upgrading to a 33" tires the loss in acceleration would be almost negligible. You might lose more acceleration and gas mileage from an SL and BL than upgrading the tires an inch.

#6 ·
What's your opinion on doing a spacer for suspension lift? Already have bilsteins on it.. so I figured go the cheaper rout until those die on me.
Don't know a whole lot about coil spacers since 1st gens don't have coils on the front; from what I do know, it is a higher ride but its not necessarily an upgrade suspension wise.

With lifts you really get what you pay for. It will get you ground clearance, but not better ride quality like getting longer coils would.

I'm not saying to not get coil spacers, again my knowledge is limited, you really do get what you pay for though. Having Bilsteins will definitely help, they're amazing, it just won't perform AS well as it would with longer coils.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.