Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Florida…A Gathering of Nissans Hardrock Ocala Sunday September 22nd

5K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  Yell-X 
#1 ·
Banksy from Club Frontier and I are planning a trip up to Hardrock Off Road Park in Ocala Sunday September 22nd. Our plan is simple……Meet at Hardrock do some wheeling and have fun. Hopefully some of you will be able to join us.

Hardrock Off Road Park
6849 NW Gainesville Road
Ocala, FL 34475
352-732-6697
http://www.hardrockmx.com/index.htm

Park Admission is $25.00 per vehicle. A
Normal park hours are hours are 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
There is camping at the park and hotels in the area.

I am thinking about heading up Saturday morning to do a little trail riding in the forest. If I go Saturday I will post something in case anyone wants wander the forest and get lost with me.

#7 ·
Ok,just got my X a week ago. Think I'm gonna throw some tires on it and make this.
Haven't been to Hardrock in a couple years.

#9 ·
I'd really like to but I'm gonna be tied up with other stuff.
Haven't been there in a couple years,will be big fun.

#11 ·
Never been to citrus,that would be cool. Definitely let me know. :)

#13 ·
Bummer about the CV axle. Yes a Bunch of the Florida 4X4 Facebook group members are meeting up in Ocala this weekend. Per my co-planner for this ride Banksy from Club Frontier they gave us an open invite to join them. I am slack and did not post that info on this site but it is on the New-X and Club Frontier.

#14 ·
Yeah, apparently it's been busted for a while but the cracking noise when I turn has gotten worse. Think it's time to change it out before it blows up, haha. I have a stupid Evap code I need to diagnose, too. =/ Uhhg. First step is buying a new gas cap and seeing if cheap and easy does the job.

#15 ·
I can't make anywhere this weekend! I have a busted coolant line to repair to the tranny...:-(.

But let me know about November and January's rides, I could probably get down for one or both.

#17 ·
I did not see your post until after I got back but it would be safe to say Hardrock was not 2WD friendly. We did have a very well built 2WD prerunner style Frontier on the ride. Even with tons of wheel travel and a make it or break it driving style winch cable was pulled.

#19 ·
True……The front was not that bad but we were more inside the park hitting some of the harder climbs. Also it rained the night before and during the day so that did not help the traction factor. I do not think anyone made it out of there without some type of damage. Check out the damage report on pages 4 & 5 on the New X site.

http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=65988

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.