Nissan XTerra Forum banner

lower control arm and torsion bar

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  legend869 
#1 ·
I'm replacing the front right LCR on my 02 Xterra and could use some hints. I have saturated all nuts for days in PB blaster and it seems everything is coming apart ok. I"m about to remove the torsion bar and Just want to make sure I do it right. Any suggestions?

#2 ·
good luck on the bolt holding the arm to the frame. I had to get my lca replaced and had to torch the bolt off. as for the torsion bar question take some chalk and mark a line across the end so you can line it back up again.

#3 ·
Take a look at the re-indexing torsion bar thread...as for the t-bar parts, its ~ the same.

You only need to knock the bar back out of the anchor on the LCA.

The tricky part is not the bar per se when putting it back, its the adjuster finger angle....mark THAT so you can start cranking it back up from the lowered point where you pulled it out.

As for the LCA, I assume you know you need to take off the half shafts and the brakes and all first.

:D

Don't let the brakes hang by the lines, tie the brakes up with a rope, etc, to take the stress off the lines.

#5 ·
#6 ·
Yeah that bolt behind the torsion bar anchor which holds the arm in the bushing is a real bear. Cutting it might be required I was able to get everything off but that bolt when doing mine. As far as removing the T-bars I'd loosen the 3 bolts holding the anchor to the arm. It just releases the angled tension on the bar and makes it come out much easier.

#8 ·
Hey guys I've been doing some research because I need to change out my bushings on the lcas. I want poly's. 4x4parts has front and rear lca bushings for around $140. Company on eBay (whiteline) has them for $40 something but only have the fronts. My question is what's the difference between the bushings on the front of the lcas and the rears? Trying to see if the whiteline bushings will work for both. Thanks guys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.