Nissan XTerra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2002 Lifted Xterra $4,000

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  ripcurl2151 
#1 ·
Unfortunately it's time to sell my original Xterra. I really hate to get rid of it, but I just don't take it out enough anymore. I can only justify having two Xterras for so long. It's a 2002 XE with about 174,000 miles on it. I'm the original owner of it. I got it on Memorial Day in 2002 and slowly starting building it up a little at a time about 4 years later. It's an absolute beast in the snow and can run any blue trail at Rausch Creek without any difficulty. It also got through a black trail pretty easily. I'm sure it can handle other black trails too, I just haven't tried because of who I was with.

Here's the good info and the upgrades:

• PML done the summer of 2006 with Calmini AALs and torsion bar crank. I did the full 3" suspension lift in January of 2011 with about 151,750 miles on it. I also upgraded the steering at this time. It all consists of:
    - SLR Upper Control Arms
    - Sway Away Torsion Bars (30% stiffer)
    - AC Shackles in the rear
    - Grassroots 4x4 (HooHaa) HD Centerlink
    - AC Idler Arm Brace
    - Bandit 4x4 Idler Arm Bushing
    - AC Heavy Duty Tie Rod Adjusters
    - Duralast Tie Rod Ends
  • 2” Body Lift done April 2012 with about 167,530 miles
  • 305/70/16 Nitto Mud Grappler Tires with probably close to 90% tread. These alone are worth about $1,000 still.
  • Shrockworks Front Bumper
  • Shrockworks Sliders
  • Full set of Skid Plates (Calmini gas tank, rest are Skid Row)
  • Bilstein Shocks
  • Manual locking hubs off a ‘96 Hardbody
  • Yakima Load Warrior with Hi-Lift and Spare Tire
  • Spare Tire is a never used Yokohama Geolander AT (265/75/16). I also have the original spare that can go underneath.
  • KC Hi-Lites on bumper
  • Cobra 75WXST CB. This is the one with all the controls built into the mic. Antenna mounted on the front bumper, mic mounted on the dash.
  • Gibson Exhaust
  • Brand new battery
  • K&N Air Filter
  • Heavy Duty Two-row Radiator
  • Auxiliary marine fuse box mounted in the engine compartment
  • Kenwood Headunit with IPod plug
  • Infinity Front Speakers
  • Rear Hitch
  • Timing Belt, Water Pump, Thermostat and all Belts replaced at 105,200 miles
  • Spark Plugs, Wires, Cap and Rotor replaced at 132,272 miles
  • New Distributor and ECM at 133,814 miles
  • New Steering Box at about 168,500 miles

Here are some of the issues I know of:

• One of the leaf springs is broken. It’s fine driving around town, but should probably be replaced before any serious offroading.
  • Headliner is sagging
  • Passenger side windshield wiper motor is broken
  • It has the usual rear main seal oil leak
  • I’m not sure what’s going on with the air conditioning. It’s not working at the moment. Last summer I recharged it and it worked for a while. There might be a leak somewhere.
  • Some body damage from wheeling. There’s a fist size dent and scratch in the front PS fender. The lower half of the driver’s side is scratched. There are some areas that I’ve touched up with paint, but there was never any rust on the body.

It does need a little work, but it can definitely be a great weekend/wheeling truck. No shakes or shimmies when going 70-75mph. My brother has been using it as a DD for the last month or so. I still get compliments on it all the time. If I can get what I’m asking for it, I’ll include everything you see plus whatever else I have laying around (new diff drop kit, spare alternator, half shafts, shocks, etc.). If I sell it for less, I might keep some stuff like the Loadwarrior and Hi-Lift.

All my pictures can be found at:

http://s55.photobucket.com/user/ripcurl2151/library/Xterra

See less See more
#3 ·
I'd like to try selling it complete before parting it out. Thanks though.

#6 ·
Tom, if you'd sold it last year, I would have grabbed it instead of the bone stock '04 I grabbed instead....for more $.

:D

Good luck with the sale!

#7 ·
The truck is sold. I sold it to a girl who use to have a lifted Jeep. Hopefully she enjoys it as much as I did.

I guess it's time to start saving to mod my new Xterra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.