Nissan XTerra Forum banner

just bought an X...what should I replace?

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  phoenixr2 
#1 ·
Just bought an '03 X a few weeks ago...Unfortunately the engine was bad and had to get rebuilt (currently in a bad lawsuit)...but my question is what should I replace on the truck to make it run like new? Im at 143k+miles...

#2 ·
That's a pretty general question since there are quite a few things that can be replaced on a truck that old with that mileage that might help it run "like new". Fortunately many of them are located on the engine that you said was rebuilt. Hopefully they replaced all the known wear items.

You can browse through this to get a better idea of what Nissan recommends:
http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Xterra/2003_Xterra/ma.pdf

#3 ·
Some things I always replace when purchasing a new to me car.

Done this all on my x that I purchased earlier this year.

battery
cabin air filter
engine air filter
fuel filter
spark plugs
ignition cap/rotor
plug wires

I have done 2 seafoam treatments in the gas tank as well as in the intake manifold.

I replaced both engine temp sensor and temp sender because I was having some issues with them reading incorrectly and they are both cheap enough to replace at the same time.

This is obviously engine side. Things like inspecting brakes, suspension, tires, etc is also a very good idea as well.

hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.