Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Anyone down for some night running in bayville, nj?

4K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  SuperX03 
#1 · (Edited)
Anyone down for some wheeling in Bayville, Toms River, Brick Area, NJ?

Updated:

Post up where you're located and If you have a spot to wheel.

1) sleeper00 - TR
2) ripcurl2151 - South TR
3) sole797 - Brick

#3 ·
Too late to go out tonight obviously, but with a day or so notice I'd be up for some wheeling around there sometime. My office is right in downtown Toms River and I work in Bayville/Beachwood area a lot.

#6 · (Edited)
Unfortunately I might not be able to do Thursday night now. I've been slowly finishing my BL in my free time after work and the last thing I had to do tonight was to relocate the rear bumper. It wasn't going on so easily, so I tried slamming it back on and I managed to smash my finger I think between the the metal of the bumper and the sharp metal corner of the frame. All I know is it ripped a huge hole in my finger. Had to go to the doctor to get it patched up and they even made me get a tetanus shot. Anyway, might not be able to get it back on for a couple nights now.

Good news is my new tires got delivered today :rofl-big: These things are badass

#7 ·
I'm not too sure of any real places to go offroading around here though. I use to go out by the Monmouth County landfill in Tinton Falls, but I haven't been out there in years because the cops started cracking down.

#8 · (Edited)
Luckily I have friends in the Falls. There are spots in Bayville I use to go to (just don't remember how to get back there, but I'm going to do some research and figure out something for us local guys. If anyone is down, post you name and location.

BTW: Sick Tires!!! I just got these:

And on the Rig:

35's and all suspension lift (No body lift or Drop Bracket)

#9 ·
Nice tires. Wish we could run 35s on the first gens without a SAS.

I live up in Middletown, but am usually down around Toms River for work during the week.

Tom

#10 ·
Im pretty jealous of your X, if i had the money i would start building mine up, maybe after the summer. I know quite afew places around here, none of them are official offroad parks but ive never gotten caught.
1-behind blackbeards cave, ive been here alot its alright...
2-small place off of hooper
3-a big place near the pine barrens golf course but im pretty sure they started crackn down there-just type in pine barrens golf course to see this one...
4-theres a place right off of 37 that my friend told me was really good. and i think your allowed to drive there because its state owned land and its legal if its state owned-type in bonehill rd on google maps to see it...

#11 ·
I'm not sure where you mean on Hooper, but the other three spots are all mining sites.
1. I think this is Clayton's old site. The County also has a landfill in the area.
3. This is Clayton's current, active site in Jackson. I would say this is off limits.
4. This is the old Heritage mining site. There are a few other access points back from Whiting also. This use to be a big place for locals to go offroading. The cops sit back there pretty often now though and will write you a ticket if you get caught.

I've never actually been in any of these spots, but I know about them because my company is the township engineer for Jackson, Manchester and beachwood

#15 ·
im up in north jersey decent amount of places to wheel up here BUT you have to watch for the man ! me an buds got busted for wheeling on state land, i wasnt caught ;) BUT they saw the mud on the truck an suspeced i was in on it, my 2 friends (97 dodge 1500, an 86 chevy k10 lifted 12in) were caught, i got 75$fine, they got 140 plus 2 points, gotta watch out man, but god damn is it fun :D so far im the only around here with the ARB on my X or as most call the moose bumper

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.