Nissan XTerra Forum banner

how to tell if I have Limited Slip ?

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  DanF. 
#1 ·
How can I tell if my Xterra has a Limited slip differential ? I'm about to change the fluid in it and need to know if I need toput in that LSD additive so it wont break and make that noise.

#2 ·
Lift the rear end so that both tires are off the ground. Spin one wheel, and if the other wheel spins the same direction you have a LSD. An open differential will cause your other wheel to spin in the opposite direction.

#3 ·
Lift the rear end so that both tires are off the ground. Spin one wheel, and if the other wheel spins the same direction you have a LSD. An open differential will cause your other wheel to spin in the opposite direction.
With an open diff the other tire just won't spin, not spin in the opposite direction.

#4 ·
Thanks guys . I got in a hurry and then realized this . Sorry and thanks a bunch ! I'm goig to change out the fluid tomarrow after I get it warm. Are these just like the older cars to where you fill them up to where the fluid level is level with the fill plug hole ?

#6 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.