Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Noob

983 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  SRStaff 
#1 ·
Hello all. With the end of school in sight I am going to focus on getting my baby rolling better. That means getting out there and asking questions. I have a 2003 Xterra with 230000 miles on it. For sure! She hauls dogs, shipments for our led business and drives lots of miles every week. I am a nurse who likes to hike (so miss green goblin is scratched) and travel (high miles).

Looking for advice on the following:
Shimmy and shake in the front end on the freeway.
Weather tech mats or suggestions for cargo area as dogs have ripped the you know what out of the carpeting.

#3 ·
Nice intro!

Shimmy/shake on freeway could be worn alignment parts, such as tie rods and ball joints, or, if you are one of those people who've never repacked your wheel bearings, it could be your wheel bearings.......

.....or your tires are wearing unevenly by themselves, or as collateral damage from the above alignment and/or part being off.

The Weathertech mats are fine, and there are also dog blankets/eat covers to throw over the upholstered parts, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.