Hard vibration after 40mph after replacing CENTER SUPPORT BEARING. - Nissan Xterra Forum

#1 Old 02-25-2013, 10:04 AM
chupakabras
Noob

2003 Xterra
chupakabras is on a distinguished road
Hard vibration after 40mph after replacing CENTER SUPPORT BEARING.

Hi guys,. i have a 2003 Nissan Xterra 2wd with Auto trans. it has like 110k,
i started hearing some loud noises like from a bearing drying out and it turns out that the center bearing support was very worn out,. a lot of play and almost lost all the ball bearings, so, i only had noises but not a single vibration. so, i bought a new one at AUTOZONE,. i replaced that part without any problems, everything came out and in very easy,. i marked everything to put it back in the same place, splines and u joint, and now, after hitting 40mph its starts vibrating, a hard vibration below,. and increases with speed,. i did inspect the u joints and they were like new, so, that just happens yesterday, so far haven't done anything to fix this because i have to work, but, i don't know, i just replaced the center support bearing and that's it, so, should i put another one? another CSB i mean,. what do you think? t hks.
2003 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-25-2013, 10:53 AM
SamsXE
Veteran

2004 Xterra
SamsXE is on a distinguished road
Did you torque everything to spec?
2004 Xterra
#3 Old 02-25-2013, 10:59 AM
chupakabras
Noob

2003 Xterra
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamsXE View Post
Did you torque everything to spec?
hmm, nop, ohps, noup, at my will,.
2003 Xterra
#4 Old 02-27-2013, 04:52 PM
chupakabras
Noob

2003 Xterra
PROBLEM SOLVED,. well, was my fault,. when i replaced the center support bearing, i marked everything to put it back together the way it was in the first place, but,. somehow i missalign the fron driveshaft because i didn't removed the rear one in the first place because you don't need to, so, to fix this, i just turn it 180 degrees, and problem solved,. smoth as silk, not a single vibration, not a single noise,. like new,.,. so, see yahh guys,.
2003 Xterra

Tags
bearing , center , nissan , support , xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.