Engine WAS missing... - Page 2 - Nissan Xterra Forum

#11 Old 02-24-2013, 09:40 PM
GeneralSnoopy
Seasoned

01 Xterra
GeneralSnoopy is on a distinguished road
Ok, so I took the same trip today and ended up pulling over in the same spot I did last time but I was about 400 pounds lighter this time. It started smoking this time on the passenger side and I was able to locate it. It was a small drip onto the heatshield, i think? I also found this under my oil cap a couple days ago. I have about a 2 mile trip to work everyday and I have read that can also do it...head gasket?

2001 Silver Ice 4x4 SE - High output alternator, pml, 265/75/16 uniroyal a/t's, resonators removed, 12" kicker l7, 500.2 RF amp, and much more to come!
GeneralSnoopy's Build
01 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 Old 02-24-2013, 09:52 PM
RacerXXL
Administrator

2000 XE V6 Xterra
RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralSnoopy View Post
Ok, so I took the same trip today and ended up pulling over in the same spot I did last time but I was about 400 pounds lighter this time. It started smoking this time on the passenger side and I was able to locate it. It was a small drip onto the heatshield, i think? I also found this under my oil cap a couple days ago. I have about a 2 mile trip to work everyday and I have read that can also do it...head gasket?
That does not look promising. Run the engine for a few minutes, shut it off, and pull the dipstick and see if the oil is the color of pancake batter. If it is you have a blown head gasket.

-Kelly- Build Thread

Then he showed those men of will what will really was. - Verbal Kint
2000 XE V6 Xterra
#13 Old 02-25-2013, 06:01 AM
GeneralSnoopy
Seasoned

01 Xterra
Its not though it's just black and looks normal.

2001 Silver Ice 4x4 SE - High output alternator, pml, 265/75/16 uniroyal a/t's, resonators removed, 12" kicker l7, 500.2 RF amp, and much more to come!
GeneralSnoopy's Build
01 Xterra
#14 Old 07-16-2013, 11:14 AM
GeneralSnoopy
Seasoned

01 Xterra
Now that its summer my yellow goo is gone so no cracked head. my pass. valve cover is definitely leaking. I took it to the shop today because she over headed on the interstate. They said the valve cover leak was nothing to worry about my rear main is leaking and the bottom half of my radiator is not flowing. They said it may be because of the bumper valest was off. What do you guys think about that?

Also I just had the new water pump installed along with the belts at the same place. could the new waterpump have something to do with it? Now I wish I had just changed to radiator

GeneralSnoopy's Build

Last edited by GeneralSnoopy; 07-16-2013 at 11:16 AM.
01 Xterra

Tags
engine missing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.