Cup Holder Doo Dads.. - Nissan Xterra Forum

#1 Old 02-16-2013, 09:45 PM
cc2fingers

2012 S Xterra
cc2fingers is on a distinguished road
Cup Holder Doo Dads..

Hi!
There used to be a guy in another club that made or had a source for the rubber inserts to keep stuff from rattling in the cup holders. These were pretty heavy duty and permanently mounted in the holder. Anybody heard of such a thing?
Cc
2012 S Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-17-2013, 12:36 PM
cbxterra
Veteran

2000 Xterra
cbxterra is on a distinguished road
try Ebay maybe? I was looking and there's a lot of cup holder stuff. Not exactly sure what you're looking for though
2000 Xterra
#3 Old 02-17-2013, 05:28 PM
cc2fingers

2012 S Xterra
re:

Thanks for your reply!
I didn't explain it very well. But what I am looking for is a fairly high density foam rubber that sits in the bottom of the cup holder to keep drink cups from sliding around and rattling while driving. I think the factory inserts on the X are pretty useless, so I stored them. I did try some of those dash pads you can get at the parts store, but they are pretty thin. So there was this guy in the... Excuse me for saying.. Piloteers news group who was die stamping foam rubber inserts for their rides. Also, My Dodge van came with foam inserts from the factory that keeps everything in its place. Just thinking it would be useful to have the same item in my X. I'll keep looking and I do find something, I,ll post it.
Thanks!
Cc
2012 S Xterra
#4 Old 02-17-2013, 11:23 PM
dezurtrat
Mindless Modding Moderator

2008 Xterra
dezurtrat is a glorious beacon of light dezurtrat is a glorious beacon of light dezurtrat is a glorious beacon of light dezurtrat is a glorious beacon of light dezurtrat is a glorious beacon of light
You could use some of the rubber tool box drawer liner. I usually purchase mine from Sears but I'm sure it can be found elsewhere.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

NXRocks Sliders, BlueTorch Fab Diff Cover, Volant CAI with AEM Filter....More to come!
2008 Xterra
#5 Old 02-18-2013, 12:21 AM
cc2fingers

2012 S Xterra
re:

Now thats a great idea! Ill check out Sears!
2012 S Xterra
#6 Old 02-18-2013, 07:19 AM
SnickerDoodle
Addict

2002 SE/XE Xterra
SnickerDoodle will become famous soon enough SnickerDoodle will become famous soon enough
When i was in AC Moore (craft store) this weekend, I noticed they had hard foam circles they were selling for the cupholders. They were marketed as :decorative: with some having patterns and other with scenes on them. I Personal took the coasters I got from WeatherTech that were made to look like the floor mats and just cut them to fit. Works wonders and i can just pop them out to clean them if needed.
2002 SE/XE Xterra
#7 Old 02-18-2013, 06:37 PM
cc2fingers

2012 S Xterra
re:

Thanks!!
2012 S Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.