Timming Belt on 2002 XTerra is Car Worth the Money - Page 2 - Nissan Xterra Forum

#11 Old 02-13-2013, 06:30 AM
ShiftingSkys
Phreak

2002 Xterra
ShiftingSkys will become famous soon enough
Awesome Screenburn. Hopefully it treats you well and takes you many miles. we have a DIY on this forum for you to look at if you need any aid.

2002 Nissan Xterra

Lifted and Ready to Roll!

Build Thread-http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38877
2002 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 Old 02-13-2013, 07:58 AM
mac11
Phreak

2002 Xterra
mac11 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by screenburn View Post
Well i bought it, overpriced as everyone says it is i could not find one in my area in better shape. I plan on buying all the parts to do the belt, water pump, seals, Plugs, and Wires this weekend. It runs good has brand new tires on it and was a 1 owner well kept vehicle. I cann't complain it has everything on it but 4wd, which i did not want anyways. I live in ENC now but will be moving to the orlando area in a month to start a new job. Wish me luck on getting the belts done this weekend. I will post some pics as i go. Also noticed when sitting a idle at a traffic light it seems to have a slight rythmic rumble when in drive. If i put it in neutral or park it goes away. I assume this is normal as the tranny does not slip when driving, just different then my lexus i sold to get this truck. I plan on doing the trans fluid and rear diff as well.
congrats on the vehicle if you're happy with it thats all that matters. markets are different in different parts of the country.

sidebar question, and just a question. If you don't want/need 4wd, what is your interest in an xterra as a daily driver?

*Note: All posts I make on this site are fictional for entertainment purposes only. They are not legal advice, actual events, equipment owned or actual locations. If it bothers you, quit being so fragile.

Last edited by mac11; 02-13-2013 at 08:03 AM.
2002 Xterra
#13 Old 02-14-2013, 12:28 PM
screenburn
Noob

2002 Xterra
screenburn is on a distinguished road
I bought it because i do have a small trailer and some Jetski's and i needed somthing to tow them with and also for my kids to ride in. Plus it looks cool as hell, if i plan on doing wheeling later down the road i will pick up another one in 4wd. It was down to either this or a GMC Envoy and the Xterra won. It also is a simple vehicle which i like, this means less to go wrong and easier to fix. I love doing my own work on vehicles, and plan on doing a bunch to this thing starting tomorrow. Thanks for the posts
2002 Xterra
#14 Old 02-18-2013, 11:28 AM
screenburn
Noob

2002 Xterra
screenburn is on a distinguished road
Ok i did the timing belt, water pump, crank shaft seal and trimming belt pulley. I also did new plugs, wires, and distributor and rotor. This was my first timing belt change and the tear down was not that hard took about 2 hrs to get it torn down. Having a air impact for the crank pulley is a must. Started out with a breaker bar but it would not budge. Used a neighbors impact and it came off quickly. The hardest part was getting the new belt on, had to align it per the instructions and tap it in place with a dead low plastic hammer. The whole job took me 2 days and 10 hours with help. I had a serious idle issue before belt was changed new belt fixed it completely. Runs like a new truck. With out the information from this site I could not have done it this easily. If anyone has questions about getting this done please PM me. I am not an expert, but found it not as bad as I thought.
2002 Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.