Looking for an AUTOCAD file for a Rear bumper w/tire carrier - Page 8 - Nissan Xterra Forum

post #71 of 82 Old 01-27-2013, 11:19 PM
Kuzmovka

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2001 Xterra
Kuzmovka is on a distinguished road
X2 on above. I have a copy of SolidWorks 2012 from school but I'm having a difficult time figuring out mounting. I know how to put it all together on the program that's not the problem. I just want the file for reference geometry. For that matter even a SolidWorks drawing would work for me, so I have the measurments. Thanks a lot!!
2001 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 82 Old 04-22-2013, 02:35 AM
kyle.caldwell33
Noob

2008 Xterra
kyle.caldwell33 is on a distinguished road
anyone know of a cheap app that is like soildworks and autocap. i really dont feel like spending 3000 dollars on something to where all im doing is bumpers and other small things around the house
2008 Xterra
post #73 of 82 Old 04-22-2013, 06:20 AM
Airmapper

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
2011 Xterra
Airmapper is on a distinguished road
Garage
Draftsight, it's a knock off of AutoCAD LT, heck typing the same commands work. Completely free, just gotta give them your email, and the stuff they send doesn't bother me as it is work relevant.

I use it at home and at work, in preference to real AutoCAD which I also have.

2011 Xterra PRO-4X 6MT

2011 Xterra
post #74 of 82 Old 04-28-2013, 02:08 PM
kyle.caldwell33
Noob

2008 Xterra
kyle.caldwell33 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmapper View Post
Draftsight, it's a knock off of AutoCAD LT, heck typing the same commands work. Completely free, just gotta give them your email, and the stuff they send doesn't bother me as it is work relevant.

I use it at home and at work, in preference to real AutoCAD which I also have.
well down loading it now about to see if im any good at this or if im going to have to do it all on graph paper. thanks for the site. I have been trying to find something i could use for awhile now. This is why I love this site so many friendly paople on here
2008 Xterra
post #75 of 82 Old 04-30-2013, 03:43 PM
mjalaly

2001 Xterra
mjalaly is on a distinguished road
Files available for download

I put all the files for the bumper that I made for my X on GrabCAD. Here is the link. Let me know if you have any questions.

http://grabcad.com/library/2001-2004...r-tire-carrier

Hope this helps.

2001 Nissan Xterra, AC 3" lift, 2" Body Lift, Shrock Sliders, Custom Tow Bumper/ Tire Carrier, ARB Bumper, Bulldog 8,000lb winch, Steering stabilizer, HD TRE ADJs, Calmini HD Torsion Bars, Gibson exhaust, 265/75/R16 Duratrac on steel wheels, Roto Pax (Water, Fuel), Recovery Kit, Hella 500's, CB/Firestick with 40Ch CB, Yakima LoadWarrior, Res Delete with K&N, Swaybar Delete (both), Bilstein Shocks, custom, shovel/ axe mount, HI Lift mount, Optima Yellow Top
2001 Xterra
post #76 of 82 Old 07-24-2013, 11:42 AM
01XterraPhilly
Addict

2001 Xterra
01XterraPhilly is on a distinguished road
What parts did you use for the swing itself? I have 2"x2" 3/16" tube left over from my rock sliders. What round tube did you use and the holster an all that for the arm? I'm trying to figure this out and mock one up for my 01 and just want to gather materials as I go along

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2001 X 4x4 Auto
Remove Step Rails [X]
Paint stock wheels black []
31s General Grabber AT2 [X]
Paint roof rails black [X]
K&N Drop-in Filter [X]
Off Road Lights []
Custom Rock sliders [X]
Calmini IAB [X]
PML w/ Calmini Shackles [X]
2001 Xterra
post #77 of 82 Old 07-24-2013, 12:56 PM
mjalaly

2001 Xterra
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01XterraPhilly View Post
What parts did you use for the swing itself? I have 2"x2" 3/16" tube left over from my rock sliders. What round tube did you use and the holster an all that for the arm? I'm trying to figure this out and mock one up for my 01 and just want to gather materials as I go along

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Here is some info. I can detail it out more once i confirm the measurements off my truck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2001-2004 Xterra Rear Bumper.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	244.0 KB
ID:	16377  

2001 Nissan Xterra, AC 3" lift, 2" Body Lift, Shrock Sliders, Custom Tow Bumper/ Tire Carrier, ARB Bumper, Bulldog 8,000lb winch, Steering stabilizer, HD TRE ADJs, Calmini HD Torsion Bars, Gibson exhaust, 265/75/R16 Duratrac on steel wheels, Roto Pax (Water, Fuel), Recovery Kit, Hella 500's, CB/Firestick with 40Ch CB, Yakima LoadWarrior, Res Delete with K&N, Swaybar Delete (both), Bilstein Shocks, custom, shovel/ axe mount, HI Lift mount, Optima Yellow Top
2001 Xterra
post #78 of 82 Old 01-08-2014, 04:36 PM
Drew7997
Veteran

2001 XE V6 Xterra
Drew7997 is on a distinguished road
Any update Mjalaly?

My X
2001 XE V6 Xterra
post #79 of 82 Old 01-08-2014, 07:03 PM
robcarync
Phreak

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
2004 Xterra
robcarync has a spectacular aura about them robcarync has a spectacular aura about them
Garage
Regarding the request for a cheap solid modeling program....Check out T-Flex lite...you have to register the download (no cost at all though, claim you are a student...I put "Backyard University" as my school...) Register with an email address and check the box saying you won't use the free/educational version for profit.

I used it to design my rear tube bumper and it was great...You can create parts and assemblies with mates. Only downside is it is a Russian based program, and not a lot of tutorials/info online about it...but you should be able to figure it out with the help files

2004 Xterra 4X4

32" Cooper Discoverer ATP | Lokked and Dropped Front Diff |2.125" Lift Shackles | 3" UCA's | 3" Bils | 2" BL | TC IAB | Bandit 4x4 Idler Arm Bushings | Custom Bumpers | Shrock Sliders | RSB Delete | Snorkel | Cobra 19 DX III CB | 4' Firefly

Building my X

How To: < Remove Rear Sway Bar > < PML > < Re-Index Torsion Bars > < Lokk and Drop >
2004 Xterra
post #80 of 82 Old 01-09-2014, 07:26 AM
mjalaly

2001 Xterra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew7997 View Post
Any update Mjalaly?
what do you need?

2001 Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.